Thread: Pinning songs to the top of playlists

Default Pinning songs to the top of playlists

I often use the playlists as a set list at the top and the rest of the songs that particular band plays at the bottom organized alphabetically, so in case any audibles (songs not in the original set list) are called, I can quickly navigate to them or search for them within the same playlist. Trouble is, I have to drag the set list songs to the top manually every time I use the “sort by: alphabetical” option or drag any new songs added to the playlist to their proper alphabetical spots without sorting. It would be really nice to see a feature where you could pin songs to the top of the playlist that you don’t want moved while the rest sort alphabetically and such.

Interesting.
    I'll make a gig set list (playlist) and include a few extra tunes at the bottom (in case we need to extend)
    The band's master alpha-list is an adjacent playlist so it's easily accessible to me for audibles.
    I suppose having the main list at the bottom of the gig list might save a few seconds...
    )BOB

Yeah, I know I could just shift over to another list. But those seconds you speak of are the difference between the band giving me the evil eye or not. 😜

Also, I’m in a looot of bands, so making separate setlist and songlist playlists isn’t always feasible. 🤔

For sure.
    I spent 6 weeks on a cruise ship gig and the bandleader never used a list. He'd "read the room" and call a tune. Sometimes he'd just start playing an intro (I,vi,IV,V) and expect us to read his mind.
    The most efficient thing for me was to stay in my main library, do a keyword search, then swipe to pick the "best" chart.
    Ready-set-go.
    The evil-eye goes both ways...
    )BOB

LOL, I did a 6 month tour of duty on a cruise ship, so I know the struggle. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by FMJesse View Post
    Also, I’m in a looot of bands, so making separate setlist and songlist playlists isn’t always feasible. ��
    I find it helpful to add a "code" to song titles to identify charts I make for a band or vocalist.
    By entering the "code" in the song-library search it brings up all that band's charts... (in alpha-order)
    If there's too many for easy scrolling, I’ll start typing a title's keyword.
    For the next search, I’ll backspace removing the keyword, but leaving the band-code.

)BOB