Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instruments in styles

Default backing tracks

Add 2 to 4 backing (midi)tracks for playing song specific bass, horns, and keyboard parts etc....for metronome practice and composing...something like the old Yamaha qy sequencer series used to do..but better!!……would make iReal even more invaluable
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-18-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

I agree with this:
    I would like to have all instruments available in all styles

I would like to add my Thumbs Up for having all instruments in all styles. For instance I love doing some practice on music with the recently deceased Lyle Mays...But here PADS would be great because he used those a lot to support Methenys songs... Maybe a preferences tab that could let you "create" sets of instruments? Very cool programme. I just bought it for Mac as well!

Default Country Swing

Hello all!
    If this feature is here already, I apologize. But I'm wondering if it's possible to use the "pop country" style instruments with a swing feel? I would love to be able to adjust the swing setting on all of the styles too. Thanks!

Kyle
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-24-2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Yes, having a swing fader where we could adjust the amount of swing (of the 2nd and 4th eighth notes (or sixteenth notes for half time grooves) would be great. It could be very useful for reggae, R&B, swing and some other styles as well

I agree Guitar, requinto, vihuela, mandolin sounds would make it much richer,
    P.s. adding a new composition, made on Latin guitar harmonies and solo nylon requinto strings no pick needed, after that I created the harmony, rhytms styles with bass on irealpro, Latin jazz (Mambo swing) in my opinion created with New Orleans styles offered for sharings YouTube link
    https://youtu.be/pun1PDIX-10

Lightbulb

When I am choosing other instruments in the mixer, the ones I want never seem to be options. Why be prescriptive? Let us choose ANY available instrument in ANY style. But kudos on all the new instruments.