Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is tempo linked to selection of styles?

Default Why is tempo linked to selection of styles?

I created the tabs for a new title. It works fine, but it is played too slow. I know, I can change the player-speed, but I suppose, I must do it every time, I play the song (means: start ireal new), again. So: where can I fix the default speed for my new title?

This should be a solution for everybody:
    One selects an new style. When one does so, a message box pops up asking: Do you want to keep the speed of the song or set the speed of the style?
    BIG WISH.

Default Free the speed from the style

My song is e.g. 100 beats. I wanna test its sound in different styles. Each style brings his own speed, which misrepresents my song.
    I propose a popup question after changing style: Do you want to keep the song's speed or set the style's speed?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-18-2018 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion

A convenient way would be to set the tempo within the song itself (as with the key, composer, title info). This tempo should be automatically and in priority used by every styles in the player.
    In the player window, a button "reset to default style tempo" could be also available so users can always go revert to the original tempo of each styles.
    That should fix all those issues

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    A convenient way would be to set the tempo within the song itself (as with the key, composer, title info). This tempo should be automatically and in priority used by every styles in the player.
    In the player window, a button "reset to default style tempo" could be also available so users can always go revert to the original tempo of each styles.
    That should fix all those issues
    Basically, just like Superior Drummer by Toontrack.

We've been through this many times. I made this request years ago! I too like to go through multiple styles at the same tempo for each tune. Great minds think alike.

I beg for this times a million, the annoying time change when I audition a different style comes up ALL the time for me.

The answer keeps being 'we chose the best average tempo for the style'.
    That's OK, but why can't a box ALSO be added next to the tempo in any song that freezes the tempo no matter what OTHER style is auditioned??

Much thanks in advance.