Thread: Problem emailing song

Default Problem emailing song

Hi,

I've just downloaded iReal b and I'm having the following problem emailing a song...

When I'm in the screen with chords and click in the "send" icon, then "Email song", mail composition appear only with song title link format. When I get that message in my account, there's only the song title in blue, not linked.

When I'm at player screen and click the "send" icon, then Export as WAV (or AAC), iReal b simply closes and I get no e-mail.

What I want is to receive, at my e-mail account, a message with the audio file attached. What should I do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Eduardo

Quote Originally Posted by eloureiro View Post
    ... Export as WAV (or AAC), iReal b simply closes and I get no e-mail. What I want is to receive, at my e-mail account, a message with the audio file attached. What should I do? Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello Eduardo,
    The send to email the song is just the song code (same with playlist sending) used for sending the charts for backup or iReal b on another device.

AAC should take a few minutes to render then give you the choice to save or email (where it will attach the file ready for addressing and sending.) WAV files do not email as there were problems with large file sizes (they are stored within iReal b, when you connect with iTunes, click on your iOS device, Apps, iReal b and in the documents folder will be your WAV file. You should be able to drag it out to copy to your computer.) They are just saved, there is no option to email it.

If your device does not take some time to render the audio on export we might need to find out what is happening. What model device are you using?

Thanks

I have a somewhat similar probem

I have sent files from my Kindle Fire to my MacBook Pro, but when I try sending from the Mac, the code is written but not as a link, so nothing seems to tramsfer

Thanks for the explanation RE: why WAV files aren't email-able. I have a related question: I've successfully sent and received AAC files, but although I 'muted' the piano part before exporting, the recordings -- including MIDI and WAV files saved to other apps on my iPad -- have the piano part still audible. This defeats the whole purpose for me.

Any way to export just the bass &/or drums? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pianodaddyo View Post
    Thanks for the explanation RE: why WAV files aren't email-able. I have a related question: I've successfully sent and received AAC files, but although I 'muted' the piano part before exporting, the recordings -- including MIDI and WAV files saved to other apps on my iPad -- have the piano part still audible. This defeats the whole purpose for me.

Any way to export just the bass &/or drums? Thank you.
    It should be easy enough to delete the staves of the midi file. The volume set to off does not control which midi instruments are exported.
    There is a bug in v4.3 when exporting audio. Sorry about this.
    We hope to have v4.4 with the fix out shortly.

- a workaround is to press Play, then Stop, then the Export audio button. This locks in the volumes you have set.
    Last edited by dflat; 09-15-2012 at 02:58 AM. Reason: added workaround