Thread: Double time option

Default Double time option

It would be nice to have an option to double the tempo at some point in a song.
    For ex: going from bossa to samba, from cha cha to guaracha, from swing ballad to medium swing, from medium swing to fast swing, etc.

There are a few that change tempo but I can’t remember them. I think there’s one that is a ballad that double times for solos and goes back to ballad for the last time. I think there might be another one that changes the tempo at the bridge?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Yes, I know about those styles. But the double time only occurs at the second repeat of the song. It would be more useful if the user could decide which part of the song to switch to double time. That could be done by inserting a marker in edit mode. In latin music, many songs start as a cha cha and then switch to double time during the montuno section

I totally agree, it would help so much to assign music/rhythm styles and tempo to specific parts in a song.