Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple repeats and multiple endings

Quote Originally Posted by Basswmn View Post
    I need to know, how do you "make the last 4 a coda"? I apparently did as same as you with a song, but the coda works in the 1st loop and ends. How do you decide when the coda works? I see no difference between your example and my try, thank you.
    FOR HELP WITH YOUR CHART
    For help with a chart post your chart here in iRp format so members can download it and open it in the editor.
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1154#post71154

The “best” answer for your situation depends on your specific chart.
    )BOB

Sorry, im new and i didn’t know how to do, I think I edited corretly my post to have it. I hope you can see what is the difference between the good example in the post and mine! Thank you

First, the player is playing your chart as written. It’s playing the FINAL form repeat and when it arrives at the first coda sign it jumps to 2nd one plays it, adds the final auto-chord and quits.

If you set the player to 2x you get more than you want, if you remove the 1st coda sign you get an unwanted 4 bar A7 tag.

I think this chart plays as you want

Rock N Roll 1 - Led Zeppelin

I changed your A to IN so it would only play once.
    I changed your B to A.
    I changed your x4 to x3 and set the player repeats to 2.
    See below for a way to prevent the final auto-chord.

Here’s another way to do it.
    Rock N Roll - Led Zeppelin

I shortened your x4 B to x3. Condensed it to make more space on the page. Copied and added the 4th B repeat only as far as the ending you want. I added a “bonus bar” of NC and an END instruction to make the drums play your ending and finish with a single hit/crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Basswmn View Post
    I hope you can see what is the difference between the good example in the post and mine! Thank you
    The example had an intro, you used a non-repeating A section and had the player repeats set to 1x.

)BOB

Oh, I think I am understanding some things. If i name a part with "IN" that part is not repeated at end, otherwise the last loop it's played even if it is not part of the repeat barlines. I didnt think that I had to touch the player repeats, and with setting a x4 in the paper it would be enough, i wonder why not but i accept it.
    The last thing I dont get is why in your example it sets a x4 and the final 4th end is the different, but in mine you had to set a x3, because there are 1 more.
    Thank you so much for the help.