Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outro symbol

Default Outro symbol

There's "IN" symbol available in iRP for intro sections. It would be nice to also have a "OUT" symbol for outro sections (that are played once at the end of the songs.
    Many tunes (especially in pop/rock) have outros.

Cyrille, please note that iRP has a coda sign which can do what you want. Go to http://irealpro.com/how-the-coda-sym...-in-ireal-pro/ for a demonstration of several ways that the coda symbol can be used.

Actually I was thinking of adding a graphic symbol just like the rehearsal marks but for the outro. Not necessarily having the player to process it.
    You're right, the player can use the coda sign to play a section at the end of the song, but it doesn't work when the intro is also the outro unless we re-write the intro at the end of the song with a coda sign. In some cases there are long intro/outro (16 bars or more) and it's not always possible to write it twice because of lack of space.

Just depends on what you want.
    If it's a read-only chart, use text: INTRO & OUTRO
    If it's to be a player-chart, you can condense the outro to the max, it doesn't need to be legible.
    More:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5854#post25854
    )BOB

Hi Bob,
    Thanks for the suggestion but I already know this. The suggestion was about improving and trying to make it easier for users.
    I thought this thread was about feature requests.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    I thought this thread was about feature requests.
    and discussion of those requests.
    )BOB

Yes, of course.
    But I've noticed that most of the discussion are about workarounds and not actually trying to find ways to improve the app itself.
    A "help/tips" thread would be more appropriate for such discussions.

Your ideas and opinions are welcome.
    )BOB

I just thought that it would be a good idea to have a rehearsal marker that could play a specific section once at the beginning and once at the very end of the song.

Default Outro marker

Just like with the intro section, having an outro marker would be very useful for the following reasons:
    - Many songs have different chord changes for the head and solo sections. So having both intro and outro markers could enable the player to play the intro (head in) and outro (head out) only once and just use the repeat counter to repeat the solo section in the middle of the song as needed.
    - it could also be used as a workaround for some of the issues the coda currently have (like jumping to the coda before finishing to play the form, ignoring repeats and d.c., d.s. signs, ...)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-23-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread