Thread: Abraham, Martin and John - Dick Holler

Default Abraham, Martin and John - Dick Holler

I spent some time making sure this had the right chords and form as the Dion version of this song.
    I did the initial chart on IOS but was not able to figure out the multiple endings.
    The Mac format works best for me...but....
    I've never quite gotten the usage of the D.S. % and Coda and it seemed simpler in this case to just have 4 endings.

The Problem is it does play back perfectly one time but if you want it to go through the whole form more then once it doesn't work.
    At the end of the 4th ending it always goes to the bridge (B) then the top then the 4th ending instead of going to the top and repeating all the endings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 2.47.55 PM.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	417
    Abraham, Martin and John - Dion Version
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-15-2016 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Moved to song discussion thread
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Not neccessary to post the screenshot, just posting the iRp chart is all we need.

I think the player was confused by the IN rehearsal mark.

Does this play as you intend?

Abraham, Martin and John (Dion vers-) - Dick Holler

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-15-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Not neccessary to post the screenshot, just posting the iRp chart is all we need.

I think the player was confused by the IN rehearsal mark.

Does this play as you intend?

Abraham, Martin and John (Dion vers-) - Dick Holler

)BOB
    Thanks Bob I'll post it now.
    oops looks like you did it for me
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

It's waaaay easier to just open an iRp chart (duplicate) in the editor to play around with it...
    )BOB

i don't think I would have figured it out without your help.
    I thought it had to do with the multiple endings instead of using the traditional coda.
    thanks Bob
    bob