Thread: Song Forms (AABA etc)

Default Song Forms (AABA etc)

Does anyone know if there is any way to tell iReal Book to play a certain form? I know you can use the templates when creating a new piece for the more obvious ones like AABA, but if I have an A, B and a C section, is there any way I can tell iRB which order to play those different sections in?

Also, if (for example), an A section the second time has very slight changes to the form (i.e. a +9 instead of a +7) is there any way to tell it about the alterations on the second time round? Without just copying and pasting and making alterations...

I would do that, but I am running out of available bars!

Many thanks in advance

Charlotte

Hi Char,
    The simple answer to both questions is no.

Rehearsal marks (A,B,C,D) are to provide info to the performer not the irb player which just cycles top to bottom (except for repeat brackets and a DS instruction.
    Note that some styles are programed to alter the style played for the A vs. B section.

Likewise, alternate chords and other written instructions provide info to the performer not the irb player.

There are a few "work-arounds" but they require the user to choose between having a readable chart or a player that works a certain way. For instance, you can force the player to accent off-beats by switching back and forth between time signatures but that makes the chart difficult to read.

Likewise, you can make the player follow a complex form by writing it all out, but then you must condense the lengthy chart (by shortening measures) to make it fit the small screen, single page format of this wonderful app which makes it hard (or impossible) for the performer to read.
    More:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...6860#post16860

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-11-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to check I wasn't missing something