Thread: Searching the entire Songs section

Default Searching the entire Songs section

I had a discussion with one of the Mods a few weeks ago about why Georgy Girl was in the jazz section.
    I think life would be better here if we could search all the Song Forums at once .
    Now I am searching for a song that I know is in Song Library but I can't find it. I actually have Abraham Martin and John (sung by but not written by Dion) on my iPad but couldn't find it on my Mac so I went to the forums to quickly redownload----surprise ! I cant find it? Of course searching abraham martin and john is crazy because it gives you too many hits. Abraham should do it. Nope !
    What am I doing wrong ?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Hi Bob,
    I can't locate it either. Perhaps you found it in a sandbox playlist which has been removed (by the poster or admin)
    Fortunately, you have it in one of your devices. Please share it in whatever forum you feel is appropriate.

Since rhe forums search feature, it's the Magnifying-glass icon �� at the top-right of most any forums page, searches through ALL the forums, we haven't felt it necessary to argue about the "correct" forum for each chart.

Since the search is a Google product, there is a time lag between when content is posted and the Google-web-crawlers have found it and included it in their search database.

This is from the previous discussion that you and I had here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...eposting-songs

Q: In which forum should a song be posted?
    A: "the most appropriate"

But.... There are plenty of songs that are commonly played in multiple styles and have been covered and become "hits"
    in ways the composer probably never envisioned. Ah, those pesky crossovers...
    That's why there may be a discussion thread for the same song-title in more than one genre-forum.
    A "good-tune” just...works. That's a good thing.

It's a daunting process....
    Thanks,
    )BOB.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-10-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Hey Bob
    That's really strange that Abraham Martin and John disappeared. I think it was in the original Rock List from the Rock Forums.
    I'm wondering if I should repost it or just put up my chart of it? The original is a very subpar and inaccurate chart. I doesn't even have the bridge.
    The problem with my version is it's the Dion version and is really long with 8 bars per system.
    Maybe I'll post them together so folks will have a choice?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Hey Bob
    That's really strange that Abraham Martin and John disappeared. I think it was in the original Rock List from the Rock Forums.
    I'm wondering if I should repost it or just put up my chart of it? The original is a very subpar and inaccurate chart. I doesn't even have the bridge.
    The problem with my version is it's the Dion version and is really long with 8 bars per system.
    Maybe I'll post them together so folks will have a choice?
    It's a mystery...
    More than one version in the song's discussion thread would be fine.
    Thanks
    )BOB

Will do Bob
    Has there been any discussion on the original iRealbook and t's songs? I imagine the founder had to get people to copy the realbook changes into the iReal format.
    Old pop and rock realbooks could be inaccurate. Especially the ones with titles like 1000 pop songs from the 50's 60's and 70's.
    With the heavy handed publishing industry and the iRealbook history this may be an off limits subject so go ahead and edit this out if you feel it should be.

Abraham has some technical issues so I think I'll post it in the help forums before it goes in the Rock Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Will do Bob
    Has there been any discussion on the original iRealbook and t's songs? I imagine the founder had to get people to copy the realbook changes into the iReal format.
    Old pop and rock realbooks could be inaccurate. Especially the ones with titles like 1000 pop songs from the 50's 60's and 70's.
    With the heavy handed publishing industry and the iRealbook history this may be an off limits subject so go ahead and edit this out if you feel it should be.

Abraham has some technical issues so I think I'll post it in the help forums before it goes in the Rock Forum.
    The original iReal book list was offered "as commonly played" in New York sessions with errors corrected. (Rather than a chord by chord transcription of a published fakebook guess.

For assistance with a specific song (rather than general questions) it's best to post the song's chart in progress in the discussion thread for that song.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-10-2016 at 08:11 PM.