Thread: Pools (Choruses) - Don Grolnick

Default Pools (Choruses) - Don Grolnick

Pools-Choruses - Don Grolnick

Pools - Don Grolnick (Steps Ahead)
    Pools (alt notation) - Don Grolnick (Steps Ahead)

Note: the specific voicing for the F-11 chord should be played without the 5th. The voicing should be (from bottom to top) F Ab Bb Eb G. It could be spelled as a F-11(omit 5) or AbMaj7sus2/F. Unfortunately the iReal pro chord library doesn't have such chord 😟
    Last edited by CyrilleB; 09-22-2023 at 09:26 PM.

CyrilleB - Thanks for posting your excellent version of "Pools". I noticed that you used two different Del Segno's, labeling each with a number (1 and 2). How do you get those to work in the Player - do the numbers have to be placed in a certain spot or in a certain way? Thx, MCJazzer

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, iRP player can handle two segnos. It will jump in the order they have been placed on the chart. The number labels are just for reading purpose. They have no effect on the player.
    You can also use a similar trick for codas. For some complex charts, I also use two codas when needed.

You also probably noticed that I've used a third ending in the solo section. Technically, it should be a second ending, but because there's already a second ending in the head melody, this is to force the player to jump at the right place (the solo section instead of the head section)

Thx, I have a couple of charts that I've been struggling w/ (pop tunes, more than jazz) that I'll try this with. Pop tunes tend to do weird things like add an extra 2 bars to an A section after a D.S., etc. Thx!

Default Pool’s steps ahaed

Hello, I’m looking for this play along for I real. Does anybody have it?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-13-2024 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Misposted in Feature Requests, moved to existing thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tibass77 View Post
    Hello, I’m looking for this play along for I real. Does anybody have it?
    Please review this helpful info:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...-Request-Songs

)BOB