Thread: Jazz-Latin style

Default Jazz-Latin style

Could it be possible to have a more sparse piano comping for the jazz-Latin style?
    The piano part for this style at fast tempo is way too busy. Also, adding some dynamics would help as well.
    Or adding a second jazz-latin style for up tempo could be a good idea too.

I've asked for more latin combo styles in the past, including a swing-rhumba and a swing-acoustic bossa style. Even better would be four combo styles, two using swing style plus either rhumba or acoustic bossa, and two using ballad swing style plus either rhumba or acoustic bossa. The greater number of options, the better. I can't comment on the piano comping because I'm a pianist and always mute the chord instrument when I use iReal Pro.

And also, a while ago I've suggested to add a option to switch any style to double time or half time. So one bar can be played as two bars or vice versa.
    This could be useful to save space on a chart. Most up tempo tunes are usually written in cut time (2/2), but it could save space to write it in common time (4/4). An other option would be to have a 8/8 meter available to double the tempo.