Thread: Baritone Ukulele chord diagrams please

Default Baritone Ukulele chord diagrams please

I play BARITONE Uke. I'd love to have that tuning optional without having to transpose to get the right tuning.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-20-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Isn't baritone uke the same as the top four strings of standard guitar tuning? You could just read those 4 strings from the guitar charts.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaker View Post
    I play BARITONE Uke. I'd love to have that tuning optional without having to transpose to get the right tuning.
    Do you mean you use global transpose to F but want something better?

Quote Originally Posted by MCJazzer View Post
    Isn't baritone uke the same as the top four strings of standard guitar tuning? You could just read those 4 strings from the guitar charts.
    Yes you can do this, but sometimes the voicing is not the best because the other 1 or 2 strings (the two low ones) supply what might be 'essential' notes that are used to define (aurally) the quality of the chord. With the uke diagrams, we took care to make sure its (four) notes would reflect the chord quality (meaning the jazz chords). For instance, if it has a 9 and #5, these are in the diagram.

Yes please Baritone Ukulele chords.
    (Oi, I just filled out the survey and forgot this most important feature.... with this added I’d use ireal 10x more than I already do!)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-02-2019 at 04:54 PM.