Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chord request: Diminished Major 7th

Default Chord addition

Please add support for diminished major seventh chords (flat 3rf, flat 5th, major 7th)

I like using this chord in "But not for me" to work with the melody at the beggings of the 2nd and 4th quarters of the form. Also the second chord of "Corcovado"

Thanks
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-02-2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

Default Chord

Would like to see a diminished triad with a major 7th added to the chord chart. Possible?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-20-2017 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Yes, please!

Default We still need a Diminished Major 7th

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    Yes, please!
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm reviving as I just ran into this problem. I think a Diminished Major 7th is a reasonable request and much needed in the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola504 View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm reviving as I just ran into this problem. I think a Diminished Major 7th is a reasonable request and much needed in the app.
    We still have this on our list, sorry. Not in the current version (v10.1)

Default dim triad with major 7th

Quote Originally Posted by fsansing View Post
    Please add support for diminished major seventh chords (flat 3rf, flat 5th, major 7th)

I like using this chord in "But not for me" to work with the melody at the beggings of the 2nd and 4th quarters of the form. Also the second chord of "Corcovado"

Thanks

Would like to renew request for this chord as I often use it.

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    Would like to renew request for this chord as I often use it.
    Cdim maj7 = C Eb Gb B

What notes are in B/C ?

)BOB

Wouldn't the bass notes be different i.e., C to Eb. In one chord it would be C - C sharp (Db) - Eb. In the other, C - D natural - Eb.

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    Wouldn't the bass notes be different i.e., C to Eb. In one chord it would be C - C sharp (Db) - Eb. In the other, C - D natural - Eb.
    I think in the player, a bass note designated by a slash is pedaled. (In this case C) the "walking scale" would be up to the reader. So you agree that just from a notes-in-chord perspective the two chords contain the same notes?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Cdim maj7 = C Eb Gb B
    What notes are in B/C ?
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I think in the player, a bass note designated by a slash is pedaled. (In this case C) the "walking scale" would be up to the reader. So you agree that just from a notes-in-chord perspective the two chords contain the same notes?

)BOB
    Yes to your last question,
    no to a walking bass line, B/C would have a C# and C dim Maj7 would have a D natural. F# or F and A or A#. Since I'm a pianist the bass line is more important to me.