Thread: D.S. Help

Lightbulb D.S. Help

Hello,

I'm brand new to writing charts in iReal Pro. Trying to get the DS to jump to the segno but it goes back to measure 1. Been perusing help files for an hour. What am I missing?

(I'm using iPad)

Leady McLead Sheet - AndysPianoTips.com

See if this works for you:

Leady McLead Sheet 1 - AndysPianoTips.com

The issue seemed to be that the "DS al coda” measure was closed by a double-barline that was actually the OPENING double-barline of the following measure.

Apparently, it makes a difference to the player where you use "left-side" or "right-side" double-barlines.

More:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...2178#post22178

There's a missing barline at the end of bar 4 that I didn't fix.

If the first 4 bars are an intro to be played only once at the start, use the IN rehearsal mark and the "A" mark at bar 5 to indicate to the player the start of the "form".

See lay-out conventions:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ut-conventions

Thanks for the "head-scratcher".
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-24-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Thank you so much for your expedient and helpful reply!

I added the In, A, bar line as suggested. This is the final, if it matters. (For the record I had set the tempo so high just to troubleshoot.)

Leady McLead Sheet - AndysPianoTips.com

By the way,
    If I wanted to organize a group of these for my students to download easily with 1 click (as I've done with Jazz 1300 / Pop 400), what's the best way to do that? (Secondly, if I included the files in a group on Facebook, is it easy enough for them to download it from there or is it much better to do it directly through the forums in the app?)

-Andy

Hi Andy,
    There are lots of ways to share iRp charts and playlists.
    You can use email, dropbox and other file storage/sharing services or start a *single* sandbox thread titled:
    Andyspianotips charts
    Then share the url of the thread (link) with your students.
    Remember, from time to time admin may delete sandbox posts.
    Use personal email, Dropbox, Drive, cloud, etc. to archive your iRp files and backup(s).
    Thanks
    )BOB