Thread: Odd rerading from ireal pro

Default Odd rerading from ireal pro

Hi all,

Been a while.....

Oddly, the original 1300 jazz tunes file on my ireal only contains 3 songs. It appears to be a search that was saved as the 3 songs contain similar words.

What is a bit odd is that the tunes that were in the 1300 disappeared completely. Maybe operator error, however changes that I made to songs and re-saved in the 1300 list still show up in a search. Where do they reside? I would just re-download the 1300, but I don't want to overwrite those songs in the original list with changes to songs I made in case they are still there and just not appearing.

The question: If I do download the 1300 jazz tunes, will it overwrite the name or give me an additional 1300 hundred jazz tunes duplicate?

Now....I counted the songs I have, which is 3900 something with other lists I have downloaded, When I add up the tunes that show in my song list file the number is more than the 1300 would appear to add but less than it would be all added together. Weird.

Thanks....

Hello docdosco,
    This is strange from what you have described. I am assuming you have the OSX version on your Mac?
    I assume you have cleared the search box at the top (although the number badge on the right of the playlist should still show the number of songs in there) for the playlist?
    It is possible you have removed the songs from the 1300 jazz playlist but they should exist in the song index. Do you see them listing in the song index? This contains all songs whether in playlists or not.

Yes you can download the forum 1300 Jazz playlist again. It will list with the other playlists you have. If you have made changes to the songs previously, they will be retained with the original title name, but the fresh ones coming in with that same title will have a number appended (usually 1) to its title, so the imported playlist will have some titles with 1 after them. You will then be able to see them listing underneath each other in the Songs index. Any duplicate songs, exact duplicate songs, will not be imported, but will still list in the fresh jazz playlist you have imported, so it will remain intact as 1300 songs. So you might not see the Songs total increment by much, only by the number of songs you had edited.

But I would make a backup for yourself before doing anything just in case something odd has gone wrong somehow and you have to revert to what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Hello docdosco,
    This is strange from what you have described. I am assuming you have the OSX version on your Mac?
    I assume you have cleared the search box at the top (although the number badge on the right of the playlist should still show the number of songs in there) for the playlist?
    It is possible you have removed the songs from the 1300 jazz playlist but they should exist in the song index. Do you see them listing in the song index? This contains all songs whether in playlists or not.

Yes you can download the forum 1300 Jazz playlist again. It will list with the other playlists you have. If you have made changes to the songs previously, they will be retained with the original title name, but the fresh ones coming in with that same title will have a number appended (usually 1) to its title, so the imported playlist will have some titles with 1 after them. You will then be able to see them listing underneath each other in the Songs index. Any duplicate songs, exact duplicate songs, will not be imported, but will still list in the fresh jazz playlist you have imported, so it will remain intact as 1300 songs. So you might not see the Songs total increment by much, only by the number of songs you had edited.

But I would make a backup for yourself before doing anything just in case something odd has gone wrong somehow and you have to revert to what you have.
    Thanks for the reply.

I have several versions of tunes. I re harmonized garden in the rain and my version shows up plus an old one from I believe the 1300 list. However, they show up in no songlists. Also, there are 3 versions sitting in the trash. They are transposed versions of the one garden in the rain I re harmonized. Weird.

I never trashed anything so nothing should be in the trash, yet there are 249 songs there. Songs that I would never trash, plus exercises, or parts of exercise files I downloaded way back when or that were on the program originally.

It is like ireal has a mind of it's own. I don't know if my library got corrupted, but with only 3 songs in the 1300 file and a question as to where those songs went, all or in part, has me scratching my head. I charted some other tunes from scratch. They are still findable in the search field from the top. They are in no songlist, probably because I didn't assign them. (there must be a 'make songlist' command somewhere.

I am on a macbook pro 10.10.5.

Should I try to download the 1300 again I wonder? I want more than 3 songs in the 1300 file, but if the songs are still there, hiding or sitting in the trash, it would be redundant. But there may be missing tunes. I just haven't honed in on what is not there as the real book 123 and the other songlists contain so many doubles of the 1300. Where did the missing songs go????

Thanks.... : )
    Last edited by docdosco; 05-23-2016 at 03:00 PM.

I can't speak to the Mac specifically....
    In the tablet/phone apps, the user is presented with a choice (which may not appear obvious) when modifying a playlist.
    The playlist or song that's "removed" can be just deleted from the list OR deleted from the list AND moved to trash (with a single command).

If moved to trash, the song(s) will also be removed from your library AND any/all other playlists they were in.

Every chart you download (or write/edit/save) is placed in your Library.
    Songs in downloaded playlists are all put in your library too. The list is also added to your playlist section....BUT IS NO LONGER NEEDED unless there's a reason you need to keep that collection together.
    Any song in your library can be quickly located with a keyword search.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...2808#post32808

You will find it really helpful to add your own "code" to the titles of different versions of songs. It makes choosing between them lots easier than <title>1 <title>2 etc.
    I play with different vocalists/bands and need to have many different versions and keep them straight.

I mostly use playlists for setlists and a few repotoire lists for specific artists/ensembles.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-23-2016 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    I can't speak to the Mac specifically....
    In the tablet/phone apps, the user is presented with a choice (which may not appear obvious) when modifying a playlist.
    The playlist or song that's "removed" can be just deleted from the list OR deleted from the list AND moved to trash (with a single command).

If moved to trash, the song(s) will also be removed from your library AND any/all other playlists they were in.

Every chart you download (or write/edit/save) is placed in your Library.
    Songs in downloaded playlists are all put in your library too. The list is also added to your playlist section....BUT IS NO LONGER NEEDED unless there's a reason you need to keep that collection together.
    Any song in your library can be quickly located with a keyword search.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...2808#post32808

You will find it really helpful to add your own "code" to the titles of different versions of songs. It makes choosing between them lots easier than <title>1 <title>2 etc.
    I play with different vocalists/bands and need to have many different versions and keep them straight.

I mostly use playlists for setlists and a few repertoire lists for specific artists/ensembles.
    )BOB
    I had the hard drive begin to fail on my laptop so I salvaged and moved my files to a new internal recently. Maybe the move confused things. I can't recall how long ago this issues arose as I hadn't used ireal full on again until recently.

I also go an iPad not too long ago and loaded the 1300 there from online. I had a bit of an iPad learning curve to deal with. I haven't done any switching between devices, however the iPad version seems just peachy. I would use the iPad on a gig, so the laptop is just for doing chord charts and rehearsing vocal parts.

Doc