Thread: Bass arpeggios

Default Bass arpeggios

As a bass player, I would find it very useful to have bass arpeggio fingering for the current chord displayed. Instead of the piano chord fingering. To the development team, please consider adding this feature.

Wouldn't that be great. Of course it would probably be different from upright to bass guitar.

The founder of iReal is a bass player .
    It's more thin one parameter like a piano or woodwind . You may need to take into account the previous and next chord to get the right fingerings.
    Last edited by Bobsax; 02-20-2016 at 07:24 PM.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

One bass feature I've been hoping for -- although apparently I'm alone in this -- is the ability to select bass notes from B0 to G4 with the chords. E.g.:
    Amaj7/A1 /B1 /C#2 /E2
    Amaj7/A2 /G#2 /F#2 /E2
    I think it would help with intonation on a fretless fingerboard to be able to build playalongs with specific bass notes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    One bass feature I've been hoping for -- although apparently I'm alone in this -- is the ability to select bass notes from B0 to G4 with the chords. E.g.:
    Amaj7/A1 /B1 /C#2 /E2
    Amaj7/A2 /G#2 /F#2 /E2
    I think it would help with intonation on a fretless fingerboard to be able to build playalongs with specific bass notes like this.
    Have you tried exporting the midi file to a sequencer (GB, DAW or whatever), then transpose the various notes down an octave for you to practice with. I know the drums might not map well, but something like GarageBand (or similar) have drum loops you can add in its place.

I play the upright bass. And I really like the idea of including a chord note font for walking. At the very least it would be great to see the 3, 5, 7. But I'd love to see the extensions - perhaps in a different color- too. Inclusion of extensions would reveal the entire scale for each chord.

Default Bass arpeggios

I think bass arpeggios would be a great feature! It's sometimes difficult to know what notes to outline, especially with the extensions. A bass fretboard chart would be great.

As a bass player - I agree. This is a great tool, but being able to see what the bass is doing in the background would be very useful for learning.

I wonder what styles are the best for bass arpeggios ?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

I agree, as a bass player that would be a great feature to have. Thanks.