Thread: How do I control formatting of the printed chart?

Default How do I control formatting of the printed chart?

My chart (created from scratch on Android) plays back, but when I email it to myself as a PDF, it is really ugly. Measures are broken across lines, part of the chord symbols are truncated on the right and so on. Is there a way within the editor to denote where line breaks should be, or if not, how do I get the chart to "look nice", or at least be readable?

I've attached an example.

Thanks,
    -P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 2.44.01 AM.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	410  

That is odd for this to happen. Could you please contact us at support (More>Help & Support) and we can look into this.
    You could also run a backup, delete the app, re-download, import the backup, and test again.
    (You might be able to do screenshots just for now until it is fixed.)

It could be that the parameters on your printer need to be adjusted. Portrait, fit and letter size.

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    It could be that the parameters on your printer need to be adjusted. Portrait, fit and letter size.
    Since "dflat", an irealpro forum admin, found my observation surprising and suggested contacting the help line, that's the way I decided to proceed. I will summarize progress to this thread.

Thanks,
    -P.

Quote Originally Posted by shenkin View Post
    Since "dflat", an irealpro forum admin, found my observation surprising and suggested contacting the help line, that's the way I decided to proceed. I will summarize progress to this thread.

Thanks,
    -P.
    Shenkin,
    Any update?
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Shenkin,
    Any update?
    )BOB
    No. I contacted the help line per instructions on the same day the suggestion was made, but never got a response. I suppose I'll try again.

Default I just re-attempted to contact Support.

Quote Originally Posted by shenkin View Post
    No. I contacted the help line per instructions on the same day the suggestion was made, but never got a response. I suppose I'll try again.
    I just realized that I didn't do the right thing to contact support. I contacted support on the Forum web site, rather than the support team for the app. (Dflat didn't say to use the contact link from the app, and I assumed he meant the contact link from the Forum.) So anyway, I've now sent an email to support@, attaching both the .pdf and the irealpro-formatted version of the chart, and perhaps I will get a response.

-P.

Sorry for not being clear.
    By 'More>Help and Support', yes I did mean within the app. We will get back to you. Thanks and sorry again. (Actually we should have got your notification via forum support anyway.)

Default Probably my bad....

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Sorry for not being clear.
    By 'More>Help and Support', yes I did mean within the app. We will get back to you. Thanks and sorry again.
    Hi, Dflat. I should have have looked into it after I didn't get a response after a few days. I do appreciate your help.

I should say that since then I've had better success using your predefined templates, like 32 bars AABA or whatever, but I was trying to do this one from scratch pretty much as shown in the video tutorial (or so I thought).

Question, I am assuming when you input it, it is looking normal, with the barlines at the end of each line ... then when you PDF and send it, it arrives as your attachment shows, with the barlines displaced. Yes?
    The PDF should look exactly like how you see it within the app.
    Otherwise are you ok about how the barlines work? Any space can have a barline on either the right or left of it, so if you are working on a blank template, just add them where you need them, but remember there are 16 spaces across, so generally you can have 4 bars across as the other templates show.