Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roman numeral option?

Please cast your vote here:
    http://www.irealpro.com/feature-request/
    Thank you!

Default Harmonic Analysis feature?

It be nice to see a harmonic analysis feature where by the user could see the chord relationships outlined at the click of a button.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 08-06-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by COLINCARROLL2511 View Post
    It be nice to see a harmonic analysis feature where by the user could see the chord relationships outlined at the click of a button.
    This may be helpful
    Number Notation
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...umber-notation
    )BOB

Default Chiffrage romain des accords

Est-il possible d'afficher un chiffrage romain des accords avec irai Pro? Au lieu d'afficher 1∆, 2m7, 3m7, 4∆, etc, est-il possible d'afficher I∆, IIm7, IIIm7, IV∆, etc ? Merci de votre réponse.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-01-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    Est-il possible d'afficher un chiffrage romain des accords avec irai Pro? Au lieu d'afficher 1∆, 2m7, 3m7, 4∆, etc, est-il possible d'afficher I∆, IIm7, IIIm7, IV∆, etc ? Merci de votre réponse.
    Hello, we have this on one of our lists for consideration in a future update.
    Thank you.

Are there any updates to this feature request? Any news of when it will be available? I'm using iReal on Mac and Android.

I'm with you on this suggestion. Roman numerals make memorizing faster and easier. An I never liked Nashville numbering 'cause it doent indicate major or minor quality; you have to remember what kind of scale or mode you're in, and to me, that's just more work! Of course, Massimo has built in quick and easy transposition, but the Old Skool part of me still wants to see the Roman numerals. Maybe it's a plus to learn and be familiar with both, since we run into both in the wild...?

Yes, I agree completely! I too am learning to name chords and memorize chord progressions using their Roman Numeral symbols. Arabic numerals refer to scale degrees, not chords. Thanks for suggesting this!

Default Roman instead of latin numbers in the ChordChart settings

Hello dear developers,

I have written this input some years ago... Am I the only who finds it disturbing to see the combination of 2 latin letters for representing the function of a chord?

2-7 57 1^7 instead of II-7 V7 I^7

looks to me more like a math formula than a chord chart. There must be more users who find such symbols odd. I never came across something like it, in no theory book, never.

It should not be a big challenge to take this into account for the next update and would make things so much easier.

Thank you & have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlzjones View Post
    2-7 57 1^7 instead of II-7 V7 I^7
    looks to me more like a math formula than a chord chart. There must be more users who find such symbols odd. I never came across something like it, in no theory book, never.
    Hello, just to clarify, the current Numbers font is loosely based on the Nashville number system. Here are a few references but you will find many more with a search if you are interested:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashville_Number_System
    https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/th...m-demystified/
    https://www.premierguitar.com/lesson...-number-system

We do have our users choosing the Numbers font, because they are used to reading numbers, others use them for teaching, some practice reading numbers to get used to reading any Nashville number charts they might encounter, some print PDFs in the Numbers font where the key has yet to be determined.
    [In the Nashville system there are a number of added indications and symbols to indicate what to play which are missing in the iReal Pro Numbers font, so some export the PDF in numbers then annotate so it conveys more information and conforms more to the Nashville system for their players.]

We are aware some of our users would like Roman numerals to be added as an alternative and would presumably be very similar to how the Numbers font works.
    Thank you for your comment