Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with editor

Default Need help with editor

I need to modify "the way you look tonight" to match the chords in the Realbook v6. I did this somewhat. I have two editor issues. First is that the coda is in the wrong place and I don't know how to move it. Second is that the coda is 8 bars and I am out of space on the Ireal page. The coda on the Ireal version is 4 bars. I'd like to post what I have so far up here but don't know where to attach it here.
    Last edited by richb201; 03-30-2016 at 08:57 AM.

First, post the chart(s) in question. Even if you need to split the form into more than one page (separate charts) that's ok.
    Using copy/paste, the editor can be used to condense and consolidate charts that are too long for one page.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...it-on-one-page

There is a detailed tutorial inside the app in Settings/Tutorial/Sharing.
    (You can also select the "?" in a circle at the top of an app page)
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by richb201 View Post
    I need to modify "the way you look tonight" to match the chords in the Realbook v6. I did this somewhat. I have two editor issues. First is that the coda is in the wrong place and I don't know how to move it. Second is that the coda is 8 bars and I am out of space on the Ireal page. The coda on the Ireal version is 4 bars. I'd like to post what I have so far up here but don't know where to attach it here.

Ok, posting the chart a good start. I assume that's the "before" version.
    How do you want to change the chart you posted?
    Coda...wrong place? Where do you want it.
    8 bars rather than 4? Post a chart that shows the chords you want....

Here's some edits I made:
    Used "-” instead of m and
    used o7 instead of dim for consistency.
    Added an 8-bar coda (as an example)
    Set coda to play once only the final time.
    http://irealpro.com/how-the-coda-sym...-in-ireal-pro/

Way You Look Tonight, The 2 2 - Jerome Kern

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-30-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Bob. The coda should actually be in the 12th bar. The note from the Realbook v6 says "take coda every chorus". I have no idea what that means. How did you make the page smaller? How do I create that coda s symbol? Where is the maj7 symbol?
    Last edited by richb201; 03-30-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Take the coda every time means that instead of being a one-time ending, the coda is part of the form each time.
    If space were no object you could write-out the whole longer 3rd A-section at the bottom or add the "coda" as a 3rd ending.

A1,A2,B, A+coda, then repeat the whole form the number of times set in player.

IReal pro supports 12 systems (lines). I simply added an additional system to the chart by entering more chords and bar-lines. As the chart gets longer, the chords get a little smaller.

The coda symbol (used twice: jump from and jump to) is in the editor, tap the Segno it toggles through coda, then Fermata.

To select a chord (android) tap the pencil icon next to the chord entry field, select the root, select the quality, select the bass-note (or not). Or using the keyboard type "^” for Δ.

Be sure to explore everything that lives behind the question-mark at the top of the chart.
    Tutorials gives you a slide show
    Help and support gives you a topic menu.

Edit the chart the way you want, then post it here so we can see it.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-30-2016 at 04:57 PM.

The only problem (actually two problems) is that the chart in the realbook v6 shows the coda in the 12th bar, not in the 16th bar where ending 1 and ending 2 are. The 2nd problem is that the final two chords are spaced incorrectly so t h e player complains. I am going to try to load the pdf of the chart. That being said, I just looked at this tune in 557 standards. There it looks like what you are saying where the coda is the 3rd ending. I entered the correct chords in the version 2 2 above.
    Last edited by richb201; 03-31-2016 at 01:59 AM.

This version sounds closer to your description (the source chart was labeled page 388)(ala Sonny Rollins)

Way You Look Tonight 2, The - Jerome Kern

How close is it to what you came up with?

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-31-2016 at 02:24 AM.

That's it. Where did you find it? See the placement of t h e coda? I still need to add two bars before the END.
    Last edited by richb201; 03-31-2016 at 02:34 AM.

Google image search. This was the first one I saw with a measure 12 coda jump.
    http://www.guitarcats.com/realbook-j...k-tonight,-the

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-31-2016 at 02:38 AM.