Thread: Removing the blue down-arrow

Default Removing the blue down-arrow

I mean the down-pointing vertical blue arrow that creates extra space above a line. If I press the button again it doesn't toggle, it adds another arrow. I've searched the forum, but I can't find any indication of how to remove this arrow and the extra space it creates. Apologies in advance if I'm missing something obvious. Thanks! - Guy

OK, solved my own problem... you have to delete the chord and associated bar-start sign (using the blue "x in a left arrow" button at top right of keyboard), then re-create the space (using the blue "+ in a right arrow" button) and re-enter everything. Hope this self-answered post is of value to others, if not Moderator feel free to delete.

You are right, pressing the "arrow" button adds another "down-arrow" for additional space between systems (lines).
    It should continue to toggle through 1,2,3 arrows, then reset. (rinse, lather, repeat)
    Thanks for describing an alternate method for removing all the information from a space (and then reinserting the space)
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-28-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Duh! Got it, thanks again

It would be nice if this tidbit of information was added to the manual. The manual tells you how to add space but not how to remove it. If you hit the blue arrow enough times you likely figure it out for yourself, but the manual doesn't give you that piece of the puzzle.

15. Add vertical space (Tap on it several times to increase it. Often used to separate a Coda section.) the end

Thanks for your comment
    I have added this info here:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...9541#post49541

Many buttons in the editor either toggle their entry on/off or step-through several options before returning to "off".
    Main/Alternate chords (and text in android)
    Bar-lines (of various types), bar-repeat symbols, N.C.
    small/normal
    Time-signatures
    Rehearsal marks
    Ending labels.
    Coda, Segno, Fermata, End
    And as you discovered, the down-arrow spaces.

as additional features are included in the app, the learning-curve also increases.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-20-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reealin View Post
    It would be nice if this tidbit of information was added to the manual. The manual tells you how to add space but not how to remove it. If you hit the blue arrow enough times you likely figure it out for yourself, but the manual doesn't give you that piece of the puzzle.

15. Add vertical space (Tap on it several times to increase it. Often used to separate a Coda section.) the end
    Please check our online tutorial here where we have more detailed explanation:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ireal-pro/?p=ios

We updated it to be more exact:
    Down arrow to add vertical space (1st tap: 1 space, 2nd: 2 spaces, 3rd: 3 spaces, 4th: remove it.) It's often used to separate a Coda section.

I hope it helps.

Default Blue Down Arrow

What does the blue down-arrow do / indicate while in edit mode, and how do I remove it?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 04-25-2019 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

Quote Originally Posted by GPB14916 View Post
    What does the blue down-arrow do / indicate while in edit mode, and how do I remove it?
    Thank you.
    Remember to search before posting
    )BOB