Thread: How to repeat a section?

Default How to repeat a section?

Looking for some assistance on doing this:

I have a piece with 4 sections in it (A, B, C, D). Section B is 4 measures, with a 1 measure 1st and 2nd ending. So overall this equals 8 played measures. Sections C and D are similarly structured.

My question is how, in iRealPro, can I make the entire B section play 2x through? In other words play the B section with 1st and 2nd endings, all 8 measures - and then do that exact same thing once again, before proceeding on to the next section?

The caveat: Because I already have four sections, I am severely limited on the number of lines I can have (12 I believe?), so simply copying and repeating the entire section twice is a waste of precious space that would leave no room for the following sections C and D. I'm hoping for a way to note this in iRealPro.

The kicker: Of course, I want to be able to do this "section repeat" for sections C and D also!

Possible? Ideas?
    Thanks!
    *-- Asha

To get help with a specific chart, please post the chart.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5796#post35796
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-24-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Here's the chart:

Dospatsko Oro - Trad Macedonian

The tune is in 7/8, and uses 1 measure of 3, and 2 measures of 2 to get the right emphasis to the beat, rather than how iRealPro would typically play a 7 (the other way around). Appreciate any suggestions on this!

Inventive use of time-sig variation to derive the pattern you desire.

Does this play the way you'do like?

Dospatsko Oro 1 - Trad Macedonian

Please read this:
    PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5854#post25854
    )BOB

Hmmm, interesting! It does indeed play as desired. Did not think to use 3rd and 4th repeats. Thank you...

Here's another take on it I tried:
    Dospatsko Oro - Var 2 - Trad Macedonian

I got it to play the blank measures by inserting the blue little oval from the chord menu. Does not show up in the chart. Have to be creative I guess!

As you see, you can use a (visible) slash to continue a chord into the next measure.
    Your vers. 2 isn't as "busy" as my attempt. It is also easier to follow as it fully repeats each section.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-24-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks Bob, appreciate your help...