Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endless Stars - Fred Hersch

Default Endless Stars - Fred Hersch

Endless Stars - Fred Hersch
    How can I play A, B and C for the head and solo in the A section only, then play it out from B?

Assuming you want the player-feature to play as you describe--
    You could further condense the chart where possible (one chord in a measure = one space), squeeeze in another A section for solos after C (A1,A2 or both?) inside repeat brackets w/#x for your desired number of solos, then DS to a Segno at B for play-out through coda. (Set player repeats to 1).

But....read this:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/show th...5854#post25854

Note: if you want a chord to continue into the first part of the next bar, you'll want to add a slash (/).
    |Db^7 | / G7#11|

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-12-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Where do I find the <D.S.al Coda>? All I have in my edit window are the DS, Coda and Fermata signs. Thanks for the info above. I just need to get the DS working now.

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    Where do I find the <D.S.al Coda>? All I have in my edit window are the DS, Coda and Fermata signs. Thanks for the info above. I just need to get the DS working now.
    Either type it in, otherwise it is there in the Text menu (Mac) or Text button (hamburger button next to the text field—see Tutorials>Editor).

Default Endless Stars - Fred Hersch

New Song 5 - Unknown Composer
    The first 3 quarters of the chart are the intro. Solos are at A, however the player won't play A. The player goes to the coda without playing A. Ray

New Song 5 1 - Unknown Composer

AABC, Asolox3, B, coda
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-13-2016 at 12:48 AM.

Thank you very much. One more thing, how would I increase or decrease the number of solo choruses?

Thank you very much. One more thing, how would I increase or decrease the number of solo choruses?
    Measures enclosed within a pair of repeat brackets will be repeated once. |: .......:| By using text, you can increase/adjust the number of times the phrase/section will repeat. x3, x4 etc. usually added under the last measure of the phrase/section. There are various choices in the text menu (or you can just type it)

If a phrase is to be repeated many times, it can be helpful to write out the phrase twice. The first, set to repeat one fewer times than you want, the second being the last repeat. When the song position marker moves-on, you know it's the last repeat.
    )BOB

Thanks again. I just need to the hang of the texting now.

Thanks again. I just need to the hang of the texting now.
    Just touch the "abc" key in the editor, then "Done" to go back to chords/symbols.
    )BOB