Thread: About the forum

Default About the forum

Most of the time, I use my own charts. But in some situations, I find it useful to be able to search for a specific song in the forum (for a last minute request for example).
    The problem, is that 90% of the time, the charts I've imported so far were pretty much inaccurate (wrong chords, wrong form, or confusing). I guess I was out of luck.
    I'm pretty sure that there are some great charts out there, transcribed by people that really know what they're doing. The problem is to find them quickly.
    I was thinking that it could be a good idea to be able to rank the charts in the forum.
    For example, when I search for a particular chart, there are often several version (copies) to choose from. If one of them would have the highest rank number, that's the one I would import. That would save a lot of time searching for the most accurate chart.
    A great example for this is the way Waze maps editing system is designed. It doesn't need to be as complex but some ideas could be used.
    For example, once I import a chart, I would check it and use it for a gig, then I could put a rank number , so other users could find it quickly.

Default Search

Is there a way to search for a complete song title instead of just isolated and random words?
    Each time I search something, it always returns countless non related posts.

Is it possible to make the editing message window bigger? I can only view 3 lines at a time without scrolling. This is quite challenging to edit html text!

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    Is it possible to make the editing message window bigger? I can only view 3 lines at a time without scrolling. This is quite challenging to edit html text!
    The Forums are a vBulletin product. https://www.vbulletin.com/
    I think the message edit window may be a little larger when you select "Go Advanced".
    For an even larger overview when editing text, I'll "select all" and paste into NOTES (or a word processor). When done editing, I'll paste my fully edited version back into the message window.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-05-2016 at 04:43 PM.

I mean on the Android platform. On desktop, it's fine and big enough but it's almost impossible to edit a post on a mobile device.

I am using an iPad mini for almost everything.
    I prefer accessing the forums (full version) in a tab on the mini's browser (safari) instead of the mobile version accessed through the app (though that's fine for locating and downloading a song at a gig).
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-05-2016 at 02:23 PM.

I think I got it working. I just setup some different options in the forum's preferences and now it displays the full post in editing mode.

Viewing "full version" of forums
    top-right > Settings
    left-side - My Settings-My account-General settings
    scroll-down - Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing

Scroll down

SAVE CHANGES

Is that what you did?
    )BOB

Yes, that's what I did.

Glad you got it sorted.