Thread: Problems with first chart

Default Problems with first chart

Greetings,

New to IRP and the forums...I'm having trouble with the following chart:

Song For Bilbao - Pat Metheny

Questions and comments:

1. I am having issues with the chart jumping around after the main section. The first repeats seem to work fine, but when the meter changes, things go bonkers. I didn't program it to do that, so I don't know what's going on. Anybody?

2. Is there a way to handle metric modulation so that you can control playback to behave the way you want it? I think my change from 4/4 to 6/8 is effectively double-timing the section but that's not what I want and not how the song goes. Any way to fix or adjust this?

3. General question: I find it difficult to establish where I am when I'm entering chords. Is it just a fact that working in IRP you need to silently count over how many beats you need before you drop the next bar line, because I can't see anywhere that tells me "you are on beat 2 of bar 5"? I can work around it, it just makes knowing where and when to drop things in a bit goofy. I find I have to play through a chart under development a few times to get the number of beats right relative to bar lines. I guess I wish there was a beat marker option of some kind.

4. I observed that I could not enter a Cm7#11 on the final bar of a two-bar coda (not shown in this chart - I scrapped the original chart and started from scratch). Is that a correct observation? I substituted a Cm7b5 (actually my IRP is set to use the - for minor so it was C-7b5) so I guess that would be acceptable, but I wondered if #11 is just not supported in IRP.

Thanks for reading.

Mike

Start with this information:

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...=8726#post8726

Then revise your song and re-post it here for more discussion.

If you edit a "duplicate", each new version will have a different number which can be referenced in discussion.

Also review previous discussion of the song here:

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ao-Pat-Metheny

Welcome to the Forums

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-27-2016 at 04:34 PM.