Thread: Deleting your own post

Default Deleting your own post

If you see this again DaleMac - my apologies it's still here but I can't find "delete" anywhere. Is it switched off? I've read FAQ and like yourself it says go into Edit Post but I couldn't find delete. Sorry.
    Last edited by Warner34; 06-16-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Welcome to the Forum, Warner.

In Mac OSX: You click "Share" (the little box with the arrow pointing out) and select "Song to Forums". The code will automatically be copied and held in your system's memory. You should get a prompt that confirms "Copied to Clipboard" and you click "Open Forums". Select the appropriate category, and "Post New Thread" then just paste the code into the box. The process is similar in iOS and Android. First, you might want to take a peak at "How to post songs to the Forums" in the "Using the Forums" category.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-to-the-Forums

Until you've "got a clue" you should practice posting in the "Sandbox" category.

Our Day Will Come should probably go in "Pop" instead of "Jazz." And there are already versions of this song posted, so you should add some kind of comment explaining what is new, different, or wonderful about your version.

Then, come back here, click "Edit Post" and delete your two practice posts please.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Thank you very kindly for your assistance. Yes I'd copied but I didn't see where to paste. Our day will come has always been a jazz idea to me although it started pop - but I can see you want to be clear about genre. I've got a mixed bag. Mister Sandman - jazz or country. Anyway I will work on placing them satisfactorily.

Sure, I love songs that cross over! Maybe note that in the headline when you post - example "Mr. Sandman (Coltrane-style changes)" - so folks will know what to expect. Looking forward to your contributions.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Warner34 View Post
    If you see this again DaleMac - my apologies it's still here but I can't find "delete" anywhere. Is it switched off? I've read FAQ and like yourself it says go into Edit Post but I couldn't find delete. Sorry.
    When I first joined, it took me a while to see it too. After you click "Edit Post", there should be four buttons just below the text field for "Save | Go Advanced | Delete | Cancel". And there ya go! (P.S. Saw your post in the Sandbox, and the "Unknown" composer of Mr. Sandman is Pat Ballard.)

The Forums allow authors to delete their own posts except when the post is a "thread-starter".
    )BOB

Aw Phooey!