Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhythm notation

Quote Originally Posted by tltate View Post
    This will not even play. I get an error. Is there something else I need to do?
    Nevermind. Will this feature be available in new versions. I would be great for tunes like, Don't Get Around Much Anymore.

Default Adding rhythm notation to a chart

Is it possible to add rhythm notation to sections of a chart?
    I'm wracking my brain trying to find a way to do it on the text line with ASCII characters, but I can't figure out how to make certain symbols like ties or eighth slashes.

Thanks,
    Jonathan
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-24-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Deciding on a set of symbols is the easiest part. The hard part is to develop a way so that the symbols can be correctly placed over the bars and retain their positions regardless of platform, fonts and sizes.

Any update on this? I can no longer get the "EDIT menu>Special Characters" technique to work at all, and if I copy symbols from Luis Moreno's chart, they won't paste into mine.

Is there a way of indicating a chord falling on an offbeat? This would be handy for charts for live musicians to read, even if the Player was not able to read them.

I don't have trouble copying rhythm symbols.
    I use a Unicode character map app to select and copy the ones I need.
    The only problem with this is that it's only possible to use simple rhythms (quarter notes, eighth notes). And also, it might not display the same way on different OS or OS version.
    So yes, a standard system to display rhythm would be great!

From a visitor message by ketges:
    Hi Cyrille,
    I came across your chart for Liberated Brother. I am very interested in the rhythmic hits you included in the chart. It looks like it's some kind of font? What device did you create the chart on, and how would I go about getting that rhythmic notation font?
    Thank you very much!

Please ask questions on the forums where answrts will help everyone.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-07-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Default Notation fonts for rhythm and staff lines for pdf printing

I filled out the survey... and liked a couple of options there. Not sure if that is still being monitored.

Main concerns; Some sort of notation font — if only to indicate, hits, accents etc would be great.

Also thought the option to print/pdf versions with blank staff lines with the chords written above like a lead sheet/fakebook would be super handy. Mostly for original tunes I’m writing.

If the staff lines could work with the note font that would be an “Epic” bonus. IMO There are zero good options for writing notation on mobile devices right now... I feel like if anybody could do it right iReal could. Keep it simple and intuitive as you do... and I’d imagine it could really broaden the market for the app. But anything at this point would be a big step up.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-21-2018 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Is there any update on this? When will Ireal implement it's own rhythm notation? Even if it's for musicians but not played by the Player?

I just spent the last while trying to copy and paste rhythm markings from older charts but it seems it is not possible. The addition of this feature would be a huge step forward for making good charts for gigs. The chords alone don't really help the drummer / rhythm sec. know what to do! Please make this happen (even if not supported by playback) Thanks; Love the app