Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rhythm notation

Yes, looking forward as well for such feature. As for now the only way is to copy and paste some Unicode musical rhythm symbols, but spacing is not consistent across OS (Android, iOs). I've noticed that additional new musical symbols have been added from Android version 8. However, for some reasons iReal pro doesn't allow to paste those new symbols 😩

Default Kicks on top of the chords ???

I am wondering if this is a new feature which hasn’t been anounced or I am not aware of yet. I was fully surprised to see a chart with the kicks on top when I had find the chart I was looking for by coincidence .... Is this a trick created by some geek head or ireal pro supports creating kicks now ???
    here is the chart
    Moonlighting - Al Jarreau
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-06-2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion

Unfortunately, it's not a new feature (yet). It's just a workaround. I've uploaded that chart.
    The trick is to use a Unicode character app (where you can select any available glyphs on Android), then copy and paste the needed symbols as text annotation. However, for some reasons, IRP restricts the use of some characters (particularly music symbols) and they just won't be displayed. So the choice is quite limited.
    Also, spacing between characters is not consistent across different devices, OS version, etc... So they might not always be displayed at the right place

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    Unfortunately, it's not a new feature (yet). It's just a workaround. I've uploaded that chart.
    The trick is to use a Unicode character app (where you can select any available glyphs on Android), then copy and paste the needed symbols as text annotation. However, for some reasons, IRP restricts the use of some characters (particularly music symbols) and they just won't be displayed. So the choice is quite limited.
    Also, spacing between characters is not consistent across different devices, OS version, etc... So they might not always be displayed at the right place
    Nice to meet some other good musicians who are meticulous when it comes to writing charts. Thanks for the upload bro it really helped us a lot. I believe thanks to you it was the first time ever this song was played in my country I wonder why it takes so long for the developers to include this feature to the app itself . They could use the source code or make a collaboration with the rhythm reading app developer on the IOS platform. I use it for practicing Sight reading kicks... It looks like it takes a lot of effort to just make it look like there are kicks there... I wont even bother because I don't have a Mac Lets bombard the developers with this feature request so that they might prioritize this

Default Rhythm/notation symbols

I have come across this chart which has rhythms notated in certain bars.
    I cannot find how this is done. Is it possible to do on my ipad or iphone?
    Thanks
    Love's Holiday 1 - White-Scarborough (Earth, Wind & Fire)
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-28-2022 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Generally the device's that can input these have been Android.
    We do not know of any workarounds for iOS devices, however someone might post here who has been able to do this.

I see some charts with little red eighth notes or quarter notes. How do I find those? Thanks!
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-19-2022 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

On Android, using an unicode database app to search, select, copy and paste any symbols (musical or others) into iReal Pro as text comments.
    I'm not sure if this is possible with iOs
    Anyway, it's just a workaround.
    As long as you always use the same device, it works fine. On other devices, it might not display properly (different character spacing, font size can affect the layout). For sharing to others, I often export to PDF so the layout will look the same as in my device