Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attach image to chart?

Default Attach image to chart?

I'm not sure if this request has already been made, but...

Those of us who use iRealPro on live gigs absolutely love and depend upon this great app. That said, it falls short in one main feature: being able to see actual notation for important melodies, licks, etc. Now I'm not expecting this to turn into a full-fledged notation program, but seeing as there is already a feature for inserting custom symbols, why not images - (jpg, gif, png)? That way, those who need a couple of bars of a lick for reference can do a screen grab from a piece of electronic sheet music (pdf, jpg, etc.) and paste it into iRealPro above or below the chord changes. Granted, the image won't transpose, but still a VERY useful feature. How about it, Massimo?

Cheers,

Mark

Hello Mark,
    You will be able to use the split screen on the iPad with iReal Pro. It's coming in the next update or send us an email directly for the beta version.

I wish iReal could also take advantage of the split screen (multi windows) feature on Samsung devices.
    That could be very useful to read a chart on iReal so half of the screen could be used by a pdf reader or web browser to display lyrics for example.

Great idea scattitude

Post Link to External File

First of all many compliments for the program , it would be very useful to have in the score a button to call an external file .
    For example a pdf with the lyrics or the part transcribed in traditional notation.
    Better still if positioned in bars as a symbol to have the possibility to call a file with a riff transcribed.
    sorry for my english
    Omero from Italy

Again, split screen does not work when you're playing a gig. You can't be juggling two apps at the same time.
    Some kind of import box so that you could use your own font to size the words seems like the most ideal solution. I think this has been requested.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    I wish iReal could also take advantage of the split screen (multi windows) feature on Samsung devices.
    That could be very useful to read a chart on iReal so half of the screen could be used by a pdf reader or web browser to display lyrics for example.
    Read this:
    https://www.facebook.com/irealproapp...type=3&theater
    )BOB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 3.44.13 PM.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	430
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Bob's example is great for doing editing or making an iReal chart from a lead sheet. .
    If you want to add text or lyrics this is what we're stuck with.
    You can get a line below the last system then you need to use the unused systems below. You can get 3 legible lines per system.
    I used a different symbol for each system.
    Example of Using Text for notes- Lyrics etc- - bob
    Last edited by Bobsax; 10-27-2016 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add pic
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

When needed, you can get FOUR lines of text in one line (system) and if you use the Down Arrow to move the whole system down a step, you can use FIVE lines of text associated with a single system.

Review this example chart:
    [Example] Using Text 1 - Example

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-27-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Default access to graphics

I totally agree with everyone who has said Ireal Pro is the must have app for gigging musicians. I've had a lot of use out of it in many different situations. One idea that I think would make it even more useful is if it could access external graphic or PDF files on the same device (without having to leave the app) so you would have seamless access to other material that is not necessarily a chord chart. If you can do this on stage with a minimum of fuss it would make the app even more useful. I've also been told (although I can't find any mention online) that there is an app that lets you quickly add rehearsal notes to a chart (ie: like a drawing/painting app)and save/recall/delete them at a later time. Has anybody come across this ? it would be a great help if it is out there somewhere.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-12-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread