Thread: how can I add comments to songs?

Default how can I add comments to songs?

I'd like to add some notes to songs so when it is my turn to solo I have a plan to follow. Is there any work around to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by richb201 View Post
    I'd like to add some notes to songs so when it is my turn to solo I have a plan to follow. Is there any work around to do this?
    Use the in-app song editor and the text feature.

Check out this chart:
    [Example] Using Text - Example

You can add your text in the middle of the chart (unless it's a loooong chart) by inserting a blank system (line) by highlighting a system and selecting "insert space" (iOS) or using the insert-space key 16 times.

To add text at the bottom of a chord chart (if there's room) just select a space in the editor and add content.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-27-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks Bob. What do you mean by "a system"? I am on Android, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by richb201 View Post
    Thanks Bob. What do you mean by "a system"? I am on Android, btw.
    A "system" is the name for a ”line” (16 spaces across) on a iRp chart. There is space for 12 systems (lines) on a (standard) chart.

There is a posted thread that suggests a "trick" to display a 13th system.
    )BOB

Default how to create a song of comments?

I have a playlist for my band. I'd like to have the first song in the list not be a real song but instead be a document with notes about what I should be concentrating on when playing. Sort of like a cheat sheet. Any easy way to do this?

Default Using text for comments, reminders and instructions

For more examples of using text on charts, look here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...earners-(425-)
    )BOB

Thanks guys. I did successfully add some soloing notes on a bunch of my tunes right below the actual chord changes and in red. But this is different. I am starting with a blank tune. I am not sure how to add additional systems. There are no chords. Also I'd like this to appear as the first tune in the list. Do I just name it aaa_comments?

If you start the title with a hyphen "-” ie. -Comments, the chart will be stored at the top of your library.
    Then, just like any other chart, you can add it to a playlist in any position.

All the spaces and systems are already on a blank chart, you only need to select a space in the editor and add your content.

)BOB