Thread: Auto doubling/halfing length of chord changes

Default Auto doubling/halfing length of chord changes

Don't know if this was asked yet. I was putting in changes to a ballad for a tune using the irb Mac editor (great program!). Was thinking that the tune could be a good bossa or swing if the changes were twice as long. Is there a way to double the length of the chord changes automatically without having to re-input the chords? Or do the same in reverse (half the length of the chords)? If there is, could you let me know how to do it? If not, could you consider this idea in a future update?

Quote Originally Posted by Peskatore View Post
    .. Is there a way to double the length of the chord changes automatically without having to re-input the chords? Or do the same in reverse (half the length of the chords)? If there is, could you let me know how to do it? If not, could you consider this idea in a future update?
    Hi Peskatore, you have posted this twice and I have moved the first one. I will close your other thread and respond to this one. (No problem!)
    We will consider a double/half timing in the future.
    Last edited by dflat; 02-19-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskatore View Post
    ...Is there a way to double the length of the chord changes automatically without having to re-input the chords? Or do the same in reverse (half the length of the chords)?...
    One idea (4/4) is to put an additional barline in each measure (repeat symbols where there is only one chord per measure) then double the bpm.
    Last edited by dflat; 02-19-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: re-editing after thinking about it again and again

That's a good tip. I too would find the doubling option to be very useful.

And now that there is an RnB and Soul selection for the Styles, this will become incredibly useful. Many standards work really well as a half-time funk groove. It would be great to be able to just select the option, without having to re-write the song. Then we can use it live for those tunes as well...
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 04-04-2011 at 01:09 PM.

I second the motion.

+1 !!!!!

I agree too!

Any news about this feature?

It would be useful for 2/4 signature songs (samba aso...)

I'm glad I'm not the one only asking for this feature. Let's hope it will get implemented.
    That would be awesome and so convenient!

An easy way to get the same effect, instead doubling the length of chords:
    In the moment you allow 2/4 bars up to 7/4 bars. If you would allow also 8/4, you simply can change a 4/4 into a 8/4 and doubling the tempo, and you have a double time feeling. Voila!