Thread: Across The Alley From The Alamo - Joe Greene

Default Across The Alley From The Alamo - Joe Greene

Could someone please correct this song title? It is "Across The Alley From The Alamo" (not "Valley"). I know this error has polluted the internet, but here at least it should be correct.

No big deal but, as a Texan, it just bugs me.

Hey Dale
    I can't believe nobody even bothered to reply to you for nearly three years !
    Here's what I consider an improved version .
    (I took out all those nasty major 7's
    Across The Alley From The Alamo - Joe Greene

I'll repost it in the Country section also
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Thanks for your reply, Bob. Unfortunately, that error still has not been corrected in the Jazz 1300 Standards list. Here's the chart I made for myself (Major7s similarly expunged) with a more Western Swing feel, and a Mills Brothers' style outro.

Across The Alley From The Alamo (F) - Joe Greene
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Nice Dale
    I especially like the coda.
    It was smart to put in the Gypsy feel because your changes support that feel.
    I'll use your version for jazz and mine for country and bluegrass.
    My version is pretty much barebones except the 5th bar of the bridge. The iii7 is an interesting change there also that neither of us did.
    I fooled around with Bluegrass and Country and went with Country here's the update for folks that want the freedom of less changes
    Across The Alley From The Alamo - Joe Greene
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc