Thread: (User selected) Style changes in mid-song

Default (User selected) Style changes in mid-song

More styles and/or style combinations have already been requested on this Forum before.
    However, I am proposing an easier solution that would save Your precious programming time, since it would only use styles that already exist (and there are quite a few now).
    ---
    I am asking for a possibility to add a "Style Change Marker" to the beginning of ANY bar, in which point the user could select any existing style.
    Then, in playback, iReal Pro would keep the same key and tempo, but change the comping style ONLY.

This way, it would be straightforward to write, say, an arrangement in swing style, where walking bass would come in ONLY in certain bars...not in the whole repetition as it does now.
    I sincerely hope that this feature could be added in the future...to the otherwise already excellent (read: the best) backing track app!

Judolph, Finland
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 11-14-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Great suggestion, but possibly difficult to implement?

In the meantime can we have Swing/Latin? (Bridge in latin and solos in swing) This should be reasonably quick/easy to deliver and would really help with many tunes.

This is the app of dreams, folks. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Judolph View Post
    More styles and/or style combinations have already been requested on this Forum before.
    However, I am proposing an easier solution that would save Your precious programming time, since it would only use styles that already exist (and there are quite a few now).
    ---
    I am asking for a possibility to add a "Style Change Marker" to the beginning of ANY bar, in which point the user could select any existing style.
    Then, in playback, iReal Pro would keep the same key and tempo, but change the comping style ONLY.

This way, it would be straightforward to write, say, an arrangement in swing style, where walking bass would come in ONLY in certain bars...not in the whole repetition as it does now.
    I sincerely hope that this feature could be added in the future...to the otherwise already excellent (read: the best) backing track app!

Judolph, Finland

Quote Originally Posted by RonChords View Post
    In the meantime can we have Swing/Latin? (Bridge in latin and solos in swing)
    You should be able to do this using the Rehearsal letters - backwards (!)
    Use B for swing and A for latin and choose the Latin/Swing style. You will just have to ignore them when you look at the chart
    (The switch only happens in the first and last chorus)

Fantastic. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    You should be able to do this using the Rehearsal letters - backwards (!)
    Use B for swing and A for latin and choose the Latin/Swing style. You will just have to ignore them when you look at the chart
    (The switch only happens in the first and last chorus)