Thread: Doo Doo Cats "B" style

Default Doo Doo Cats "B" style

In using Doo Doo cats rhythm, is there a way to maintain the B section change( swing w/ tom) on its own?

You would have to use the Rehearsal letters to control the playback differences, but you can use Text (use the up arrows to raise them) to indicate otherwise (Verse, chorus or whatever). I have not tried, but you might be able to use Rehearsal B and not have any A used at all if that is how you want it controlled.

EDIT: The reply just above was from years ago when it was first created. Doo Doo Cats is not a dual style so does not respond to Rehearsal letters.
    Last edited by dflat; 05-17-2022 at 01:56 AM. Reason: added Edit information

I found this topic about the same problem I’m having, regarding the Doo Doo Cats style.
    It seems this is the only style I’m unable to control the A and B section change using the A and B letters..
    Is it a problem with this particular style? Is there any solution for this?

It appears that the Doo Doo Cats style is not controlled by the Rehearsal Marks.
    It appears to cycle based on the Form Repeat number

It plays Doo Doo on the First and Final Form Repeats.
    It Swings in any repeats between First and Final.

If you were to initiate the player start at the last few bars (as a short Doo Doo intro),
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...layback/?p=ios
    the next however many form repeats would Swing...except for the final repeat.

By placing a Coda sign near the top of the chart and adding a one bar Coda at the bottom you would have a short Doo Doo ending instead of a Final full Doo Doo repeat.

Doo Doo Swing - Example

)BOB

Quote Originally Posted by joselr View Post
    I found this topic about the same problem I’m having, regarding the Doo Doo Cats style.
    It seems this is the only style I’m unable to control the A and B section change using the A and B letters..
    Is it a problem with this particular style? Is there any solution for this?
    Sorry we did not update our previous reply, we have added an edit.