Thread: Moving songs quickly in playlists

Default Moving songs quickly in playlists

In playlists, all songs have a number on the left side.
    If would be very convenient if we could edit that number.
    Let's say if want to move a song in the middle of a playlist to the top, I could just change that number (type "1" to place it at the top of the list for example).
    I don't how difficult it would be to implement this (adding an input box next to each song), but that would make it much easier to edit a set list within a playlist.

Default Moving songs within a set list

I have a set list of about 50 songss. Quite often the list is rearranged so I need to move a song from the bottom of the list to somewhere near the top quickly. At the moment this takes several moves because it's not possible to move the song above the on screen display. So it would be useful if this restriction can be overcome

Right, I've submitted this issue a while ago, but nothing has been done so far to make it easier (and faster) to move songs from the bottom of a playlist to the top. I have playlists of over 100 songs, so you can imagine the task to move songs around!
    In the early versions of iRealPro, we used to enter a row number when moving songs. That was much faster to move songs in playlist.
    A suggestion for the developers: when selecting a song title then dragging it around to change its position, as soon as we drag it to the limit of the screen, it should automatically ask which row number we'd like to move the song.

Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    I have a set list of about 50 songss. Quite often the list is rearranged so I need to move a song from the bottom of the list to somewhere near the top quickly. At the moment this takes several moves because it's not possible to move the song above the on screen display. So it would be useful if this restriction can be overcome
    I have this issue also
    It's very difficult with IOS .
    I try to get a set list before I go to the gig then on my mac I (1)create a new set list and (2) put it next to my master set list.
    Then(3) drag songs from the master list in the new set order into the new set list. Then(4) email the set to my iPad.
    Last edited by Bobsax; 08-30-2016 at 11:35 PM.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Well, I can't do that unfortunately.
    The songs in my playlist are set in specific keys. I can't just create new playlist. That would reset all the keys to original keys.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    Well, I can't do that unfortunately.
    The songs in my playlist are set in specific keys. I can't just create new playlist. That would reset all the keys to original keys.
    Really ?
    I've never experienced that. On the contray I've traded playlists back and forth between numerous devices and discovered that if I made the slightest change (like transposing) I would end up with two versions of the song .(not in the playlist but the song library)
    The original and the one in the new key differentiated by a number after the song.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 11.54.32 PM.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	419 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 11.54.22 PM.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	420
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Make new playlist

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 12.04.21 AM.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	421 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 12.04.42 AM.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	422
    Move it next to the playlist that has the songs you want to rearrange

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 12.05.09 AM.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	423

Drag in order the songs you want in the new playlist Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 12.14.08 AM.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	425

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 12.05.43 AM.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	424
    Last edited by Bobsax; 08-31-2016 at 03:15 AM.

I wish that would be that easy on Android. Unfortunately, it's not.
    I only have one column, and I can only see the songs in the opened playlist, not the other playlists or even the library, which is real trouble to move songs around.

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-31-15-22-35.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	426
    Last edited by CyrilleB; 08-31-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    I wish that would be that easy on Android. Unfortunately, it's not.
    I only have one column, and I can only see the songs in the opened playlist, not the other playlists or even the library, which is real trouble to move songs around.

Name:	Screenshot_2016-08-31-15-22-35.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	426
    Can you reset your list to be in alphabetical order? That may be your only alternative and just on the fly go to the songs . I had to do this yesterday because I didn't have time to make a new set list. It takes a few seconds more between songs. Seconds can be any eternity on stage .

That's what I usually do. No other choice. But like you said, in some gigs, a second is a second and songs have to connect very quickly from one another. In some situations, I even have to skip the intro because not enough time to scroll down the list ! Also, when I have the songs in order on a playlist, I don't need to ask every time "what's the next song" unless I write the song list in order on a separate piece of paper like in the old days. But might as well have everything set up right in iRealPro. That shouldn't be too hard for the developers to fix.