Thread: Using S/N small-normal to make chords fit

Default Using S/N small-normal to make chords fit

So I've learned how to print the chord sheet but have another little question that I can't figure out here .... is it possible to WIDEN the printed copy ? What I mean is ... when you have bars with more than 2 chords, iRealPro squishes them together to fit into the space. This is fine, you can still read them, but on a printed version it looks a little messy and would be so much easier to read if the page was a little wider so all the chords in a bar would show clearly. Can anybody give me advice here ?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-24-2015 at 10:13 PM.

By using S and N in the editor (small/normal) chords can be made more readable in crowded measures.
    Remember, each N or S applies to all subsequent chords in the chart. When you use S to make a couple of adjacent chords fit better, please use N on the next chord to reset the rest of the chart.

By inserting space(s) you can make a measure longer but it will affect the appearance of the chart. Some additional adjustments may be needed. (Like shortening a nearby measure(s) that has only one chord to line things up)

Also consider weather it's really necessary to have that extended chord quality on that chord(s)
    Instead of X-7b5 you can use Xø.

Read this too:
    PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5854#post25854

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-24-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks once again ! Changing from N to S was all I had to do to make the chord symbols fit. Funny how the smallest thing will hang you up sometimes. Have just now printed out a new arrangement of "I'm Beginning to See the Light" (a phrase that applies totally to this first week of using iRealPro) and it's a great-looking chord sheet as well as sounding pretty good ....
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    By using S and N in the editor (small/normal) chords can be made more readable in crowded measures.
    Remember, each N or S applies to all subsequent chords in the chart. When you use S to make a couple of adjacent chords fit better, please use N on the next chord to reset the rest of the chart. Appreciate your help.

By inserting space(s) you can make a measure longer but it will affect the appearance of the chart. Some additional adjustments may be needed. (Like shortening a nearby measure(s) that has only one chord to line things up)

Also consider weather it's really necessary to have that extended chord quality on that chord(s)
    Instead of X-7b5 you can use Xø.

Read this too:
    PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...5854#post25854

)BOB