Thread: "songlist" vs. "individual songs"

Default "songlist" vs. "individual songs"

Another question that I can't find answered online ... Why would someone post a list of songs (requiring others to download the entire list) as opposed to individual songs (allowing people to download only the songs they're interested in). There must be some rationale but I can't understand it at the moment ....

Quote Originally Posted by melodyguy View Post
    Another question that I can't find answered online ... Why would someone post a list of songs (requiring others to download the entire list) as opposed to individual songs (allowing people to download only the songs they're interested in). There must be some rationale but I can't understand it at the moment ....
    The feature that automatically posts individual songs as well as the playlist containing them is fairly new.
    Some earlier app versions without it may still be in use.
    Playlists posted from those devices in the past also may not also permit individual downloads.
    "Large" playlists ~300-ish+ may not include individual song links either.

iRp song code is pretty thrifty. Having more songs shouldn't present a memory issue.

More about sharing and playlists here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ring-Playlists

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-03-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    The feature that automatically posts individual songs as well as the playlist containing them is fairly new.
    Some earlier app versions without it may still be in use.
    Playlists posted from those devices in the past also may not also permit individual downloads.
    "Large" playlists ~300-ish+ may not include individual song links either.

iRp song code is pretty thrifty. Having more songs shouldn't present a memory issue.

)BOB

Thanks much !