Thread: "Remove" vs. "Trash"

Default "Remove" vs. "Trash"

My third day of using iRealPro, really enjoying it. But a minor question that I can't figure out, maybe somebody can clear it up for me: when I have a title in my song list and want to get it out, two of the options I'm given are "remove" and "trash". Either way, the job is done. But what's the difference, what's the advantage of doing one or the other ?

Quote Originally Posted by melodyguy View Post
    My third day of using iRealPro, really enjoying it. But a minor question that I can't figure out, maybe somebody can clear it up for me: when I have a title in my song list and want to get it out, two of the options I'm given are "remove" and "trash". Either way, the job is done. But what's the difference, what's the advantage of doing one or the other ?
    Remove, takes it out of your playlist, leaves it in your song library.
    Trash, makes it go away entirely.
    USE CAUTION
    If you "trash" a song from a playlist, that will also delete it from the library AND any other playlist it might be in.

If you, for example, download a playlist and then decide you don't want it if you "Trash" all the songs, and the playlist happened to contain a song (identical to) a tune in your library already, it would disappear from your library as well as from any other playlists.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-23-2015 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Remove, takes it out of your playlist, leaves it in your song library.
    Trash, makes it go away entirely.
    USE CAUTION
    If you "trash" a song from a playlist, that will also delete it from the library AND any other playlist it might be in.

If you, for example, download a playlist and then decide you don't want it if you "Trash" all the songs, and the playlist happened to contain a song (identical to) a tune in your library already, it would disappear from your library as well as from any other playlists
    )BOB
    Thank you very much ! I felt there must be some major difference, now I understand. Thanks for your time ....
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 10-23-2015 at 10:34 PM.