Thread: how to send Playlist from iPad to Mac Editor?

Default how to send Playlist from iPad to Mac Editor?

I could use some help on how to send a Playlist from the iPad to the MacBook. Email is not working at the moment. Is there another way? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob6 View Post
    I could use some help on how to send a Playlist from the iPad to the MacBook. Email is not working at the moment. Is there another way? Thanks.
    Bob,
    tap on your playlist so you see the songs contained in it,
    then Send*>Post to forums and post to the Sandbox (you will need to log in) to post.
    From your Macbook, open Safari and Sandbox forum and tap on your playlist.

*Send button is at the bottom of the Playlist window (an arrow)

Instructions also at our website here:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/ios-manual/
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks, got it over! Now how do I save it to the editor? When I quit IRB and re-open, I can't find the playlist.

Thanks, got it over! Now how do I save it to the editor? When I quit IRB and re-open, I can't find the playlist.
    Hmm, what should happen is when you click on the Playlist name in Safari on your Macbook:
    either Mac editor opens and has imported your Playlist. Opening the Playlist drawer, you will see the title of your Playlist.

or iReal book for Mac (this is the complete app with Player) opens with the playlist name listing in Playlists on the left.

If you are referring to your Playlist in Sandbox, click on the 'Bob' playlist title from Safari (Firefox works also.)

Yes, if I click on the Playlist name in Sandbox, it opens the editor with the list in the drawer and everything is fine. I've saved the file to the desktop, and if I click on that it opens the editor with the list. But when I quit the editor and reopen, I only get New Song and Untitled Playlist. Shouldn't my list be automatically in the drawer?

... Shouldn't my list be automatically in the drawer?
    You are presumably using Mac editor (and not iReal book for Mac.) As this is just an editor, it is designed for editing, preparing and chord input. Think of it as like your word processor (perhaps MS Word or Apple TextEdit or Apple Pages.) When you open an app like this up, it does not know which file you want to edit, you have to open (or double-click the file itself) to bring it in for further editing. Once you have prepared your work, you send it to iReal book for its use.

Whereas iReal book for Mac has Player facility and stores playlists and songs internally (although you can still save songs and playlists to your computer.)

Thank you for the explanation. I understand now, and will get IRB for Mac.

There is another issue with the iPad that I haven't resolved having to due with the volume setting during playback. Last night they gave me a new replacement iPad at the store, but this morning it's acting weird again. It's probably not related to IRB, but would it be OK to throw out the problem to you for a possible answer?

There is another issue with the iPad that I haven't resolved having to due with the volume setting during playback. Last night they gave me a new replacement iPad at the store, but this morning it's acting weird again. It's probably not related to IRB, but would it be OK to throw out the problem to you for a possible answer?
    Yes outline the problem and we will see if it is related to iReal book.

Some checks for general sound issues:
    - iPad>Settings>iPod>Volume Limit
    - iPad>Settings>General>Sound has the overall volume setting (set also by the volume buttons top right of the iPad)
    - iReal book>Settings>Player for our mixer settings
    - check cables if not using internal speakers; (or do the speakers work?)
    - mute button (iOS4.2) (above volume buttons top right, was previously orientation lock) which mutes system alerts, notifications (iOS 4.3 may have an option for setting it as either orientation or muting)

However the Apple store should be able to help you diagnose if it is hardware or general iOS problems.

I don't feel it's related to IRB, but here's what's going on.

I'm using a Jawbone Jambox with the 3.5mm stereo cord the iPad. Per Jawbone's instructions, if there is to much speaker distortion, you're supposed to adjust the volume or your device first, then play with the volume on the Jambox.

Well, everything was working fine for the first month. I could adjust volume on either the Jambox or the iPad. Then this week the iPad started acting quirky. I would hook up the Jambox, start the player, and have no sound. You could see the count-in and see the chords changing, but no sound, and the little volume adj graphic was not there either. The only way to get it back was to completely turn the iPad off and on again. This was frustrating because it was intermittent, and of course, I was checking wire connections and everything, trying to find a pattern. Sometimes no sound, sometimes sound but not volume control on the iPad.

When I got to the apple store it worked perfectly for the first couple of songs, but then fortunately, the sound disappeared and I was able to repeat the pattern of having to cold start to get the volume back. They gave me a brand new iPad. Last night everything worked fine.

This morning I hooked everything up, no sound. Had to turn it off. Played with it for an hour and the pattern was, if bluetooth was ON, sound, but no volume control. Bluetooth off, everything was normal.

After lunch, hooked everything up every whichway, all works fine. Any thoughts?

... Per Jawbone's instructions, if there is to much speaker distortion, you're supposed to adjust the volume or your device first, then play with the volume on the Jambox.
    Yes you might find about 70% of maximum volume will work without distortion. I have not found anything specific in Apple technical specs, but usually with this kind of thing, around that value is 'unity' where it generally is the best setting. But as always, run some tests.

... Played with it for an hour and the pattern was, if bluetooth was ON, sound, but no volume control. Bluetooth off, everything was normal.
    After lunch, hooked everything up every whichway, all works fine. Any thoughts?
    Do you have another audio app you can test on? run it for a while (obviously) and see if it's audio drops out. (With and without bluetooth.)

Also try the iPod app... playing some audio MP3s or whatever and see if it drops out. (With and without bluetooth.)

Also try it using just the internal speakers, not the cable. This is unlikely to have any effect though (!)

Unlikely, but is it related to how many apps are suspended in the Task bar... they can use up memory (multi-tasking.)

Let us know if the Apple store has helped you. It could be some strange bug in iOS or hardware.

If I think of anything else, I will post back.