Thread: how to send Playlist from iPad to Mac Editor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default how to send Playlist from iPad to Mac Editor?

I could use some help on how to send a Playlist from the iPad to the MacBook. Email is not working at the moment. Is there another way? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob6 View Post
    I could use some help on how to send a Playlist from the iPad to the MacBook. Email is not working at the moment. Is there another way? Thanks.
    Bob,
    tap on your playlist so you see the songs contained in it,
    then Send*>Post to forums and post to the Sandbox (you will need to log in) to post.
    From your Macbook, open Safari and Sandbox forum and tap on your playlist.

*Send button is at the bottom of the Playlist window (an arrow)

Instructions also at our website here:
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/ios-manual/
    Last edited by Starfish; 12-26-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks, got it over! Now how do I save it to the editor? When I quit IRB and re-open, I can't find the playlist.

Thanks, got it over! Now how do I save it to the editor? When I quit IRB and re-open, I can't find the playlist.
    Hmm, what should happen is when you click on the Playlist name in Safari on your Macbook:
    either Mac editor opens and has imported your Playlist. Opening the Playlist drawer, you will see the title of your Playlist.

or iReal book for Mac (this is the complete app with Player) opens with the playlist name listing in Playlists on the left.

If you are referring to your Playlist in Sandbox, click on the 'Bob' playlist title from Safari (Firefox works also.)

Yes, if I click on the Playlist name in Sandbox, it opens the editor with the list in the drawer and everything is fine. I've saved the file to the desktop, and if I click on that it opens the editor with the list. But when I quit the editor and reopen, I only get New Song and Untitled Playlist. Shouldn't my list be automatically in the drawer?

... Shouldn't my list be automatically in the drawer?
    You are presumably using Mac editor (and not iReal book for Mac.) As this is just an editor, it is designed for editing, preparing and chord input. Think of it as like your word processor (perhaps MS Word or Apple TextEdit or Apple Pages.) When you open an app like this up, it does not know which file you want to edit, you have to open (or double-click the file itself) to bring it in for further editing. Once you have prepared your work, you send it to iReal book for its use.

Whereas iReal book for Mac has Player facility and stores playlists and songs internally (although you can still save songs and playlists to your computer.)