Thread: More Combination Styles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default More Combination Styles

At present, there are three combination styles available, including
    • Ballad Double Time Feel
    • Latin/Swing
    • Swing Two/Four

I have requested several others in the past but am reposting in this new thread to elicit comments from other users. I think that the following would be of use to iRP users:
    • Light Rock/Swing. By "Light Rock" I mean a straight-eighths feel without a heavy bass drum presence. This style would be useful for jazz-rock tunes like "Sack 'O Woe" and for pop tunes like "Just The Way You Are" where the solo choruses would use swing eighths. I currently have to use the Latin/Swing style where I want a combination style of straight and swing eighths but a light rock style would be more appropriate.
    • Rhumba/Swing. I play lots of tunes from the 1950s and 1960s and this style would go with them. By Rhumba, I mean a one-measure 3-3-2 clave, with the bass playing the 3-3-2 pattern, similar to the Bolero style we already have.
    • Acoustic Bossa/Swing. The acoustic bossa style we currently have is great and I'd like it paired with swing for some tunes.
    • Samba/Swing. I like the drums better on the samba style than on the Latin style (in Latin/Swing) so I'd advocate for this combination.

I know that this is a lot to swallow but I think that these styles would offer much to our musical community. That said, the single most important feature that needs to be added are tacets (with and without a rim shot on the beat).

Members of our community: please offer comments so that the developers know what we want!
    Last edited by Keith88; 10-22-2015 at 03:51 PM.