Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auto-Play function for Playlist

Default Auto-Play function for Playlist

Attn iReal code writers: could a future update please give us the facility to automatically play through one song after another on a play list. This would mean you could set up a set of songs and play through all of them without having to touch the device. I find it really annoying to have to stop in between songs to click choose the next one

Don't hold your breath.
    That pause you experience after touching PLAY happens because the app is constucting a new, unique playback track for that single page chart. This includes new chord voicings and bass-lines.

Though it's easy enough for you to have what you want...
    Just record your entire playlist (once), song by song using another device. When you play your (mp3 or ?) it will play top to bottom, start to finish, exactly the same, time after time.

Or, consider an AirTurn pedal. next/previous, start/stop. You'd still have to wait while the app constructs each song track.

Personally, I don't mind: two touches (swipe,play) and a smile between tunes.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-25-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Bob, much appreciate your reply.. From someone who has Clearly used and thought about the app a lot!
    I had the app for ages but recently got a wireless blue tooth speaker and it has transformed my practising/ Learning/ brushing up chord changes for loads of standards I half new .. Stream direct from iPhone to small wireless speaker and you can practise anywhere anytime

Lightbulb Auto-Play function for Playlist

Hello,

I would like there to be a function that would automatically go to the next song within a playlist, with the option to repeat one or repeat all...just like in an iTunes playlist.

Thanks,

GFred611

Quote Originally Posted by musicspirit View Post
    Thanks Bob, much appreciate your reply.. From someone who has Clearly used and thought about the app a lot!
    I had the app for ages but recently got a wireless blue tooth speaker and it has transformed my practising/ Learning/ brushing up chord changes for loads of standards I half new .. Stream direct from iPhone to small wireless speaker and you can practise anywhere anytime
    I do that too--with my phone in my shirt-pocket.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by Gfred611 View Post
    I would like there to be a function that would automatically go to the next song within a playlist, with the option to repeat one or repeat all...just like in an iTunes playlist.
    We have it on a list for the future, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    That pause you experience after touching PLAY happens because the app is constucting a new, unique playback track for that single page chart. This includes new chord voicings and bass-lines.
    There is absolutely no reason for this pause. The next track could easily be created in the background while playing the current track (technically spoken: just start a new job with NSOperation)!

Even the first track can be created in this manner while counting in! And this pause is annoying me constantly in the moment...

Any plans to add this as a feature soon? I would like to sit back and listen to a whole playlist without interacting with the computer/phone. Thanks.

Yes, it would be nice to be able to play a two or more pages song without any interruption