Hi all,

I recently purchased ireal for my Macbook Pro. I can't tell y'all how much I have come to dig this program in the past month. First just for me, but then I started urging my students, fellow musicians and whoever will listen to buy it. In fact, I have been loudly preaching the gospel according to ireal and I am starting to gather converts Say hallelujah!

So, I just bought a fairly expensive (at one time) prepay LG andriod phone with KitKat on a blow-out from Best Buy for a whopping $15, (they expect you to sign up for Verizon, but who needs their minutes ???) I have yet to set it up with ireal though.

However, I just noticed how inexpensive some Andriod tablets are. (I would love an iPad, but that's not in the cards right now). So, I am wondering what advice I could get on tablets. The really cheap tablets have terrible battery life and small screens. I wonder what specs I should look for in a tablet? I don't see putting much on it except for music related apps.... perhaps ireal and a PDF reader (with maybe a dozen or 2 different fakes)

Is 8 gig enough? I would like a decent audio out for playing back of course. I see that a 10" screen models are available for around $100. Is there big a difference in Andriod operating systems? Is 8 hours battery enough? (Better than *up to 5 hours* on some models). What ins and outs should I look for? Certainly a sim card slot I would think.

Anyway, if anyone can enlighten me on what specs to look for on a tablet I would appreciate it.

Doc Dosco