Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broader search function

Default Broader search function

It would be nice to be able to search (filter) by style.
    For example, sometimes I need to look for samba style songs (or any other style). If it could filter by styles, that would be awesome.

When searching for a song, why can't iReal Pro take us to the relevant post instead of to google?

Quote Originally Posted by raymb1 View Post
    When searching for a song, why can't iReal Pro take us to the relevant post instead of to google?
    The vBulletin platform that serves the forums uses a custom Google search feature.
    https://www.vbulletin.com/
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    For example, sometimes I need to look for samba style songs (or any other style). If it could filter by styles, that would be awesome.
    I'm sure CyrilleB refers to searching for specific songs styles within the iRP app, not searching in the Forum. The OSX version and the older iOS version both allow sorting by style. Android does not, and I don't know about the latest iOS.
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-25-2015 at 07:57 PM.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleMac View Post
    I'm sure CyrilleB refers to searching for specific songs styles within the iRP app, not searching in the Forum. The OSX version and the older iOS version both allow sorting by style. Android does not, and I don't know about the latest iOS.
    The iOS v. of iRp no longer has a separate search by style (or by composer, though the index search does that since it's part is the title field)

Since style info can be instantly altered, (as can tempo and key) and many tunes are commonly played in multiple ways, not to mention that additional features add complexity to the user interface... The style listed in the chart info isn't always mirrored iby the chosen player-style.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...player&p=13407

Users can always make personal playlists that group songs in ways that suit their needs.

A searchable "User tag field" suggested previously could solve many personalized search issues.

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...6859#post26859

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-26-2015 at 01:02 AM.

Yes, it's about searching within the iRP app, not the forum (that one could also be improved, though)
    Filtering styles, not the ones from the player which I understand, can be change without going through editing.
    Creating playlists by styles is not an option for me. It would take way too much time to create those playlists from a 4k+ song library, and it would need to be updated regularly.
    I was just thinking of having an "advanced search" option where we could choose which fields to search/filter (title, composer, meter, style, key)

Not really sure why the developer(s) decided to do away with the "List By > Title > Composer > Style" sorting option for the mobile apps. It was fast, simple (not at all "complex") and certainly much more convenient than having to create countless additional Playlist folders in advance, just to foresee someone requesting a Samba, or a Waltz, or a whatever.
    There's two kinds of mistakes you can play: The ones you notice, and the ones somebody else might notice.

Not really sure why the developer(s) decided to do away with the "List By > Title > Composer > Style" sorting option for the mobile apps. It was fast, simple (not at all "complex") and certainly much more convenient than having to create countless additional Playlist folders in advance, just to foresee someone requesting a Samba, or a Waltz, or a whatever.
    The sorting option is still available in the iOS version of iReal Pro. Go to the Songs tab, tap on the 2 arrows on the top left to sort songs by Title/Composer/Style.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The sorting option is still available in the iOS version of iReal Pro. Go to the Songs tab, tap on the 2 arrows on the top left to sort songs by Title/Composer/Style.
    Oops, sorry. I still have an older version, and wasn't aware iOS still has this feature. So I guess CyrilleB has an Android device? Would be nice to see the same option included in a future update.

Oops, sorry. I still have an older version, and wasn't aware iOS still has this feature. So I guess CyrilleB has an Android device? Would be nice to see the same option included in a future update.
    No worries. Indeed, Cyrille is on Android. We are planning to implement it for Android as well