Thread: Dealing with duplicate titles in my library

Default Dealing with duplicate titles in my library

I didn't realize that the 1300 standards were actually the Real Books. So I downloaded the Real Book 1&2 and have these songs twice. Can I delete them easily?
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-05-2016 at 12:27 AM.

The app is supposed to compare songs in download attempts with songs in your library; if a song is identical (in every respect) than it isn't (supposed to be) downloaded again. The slightest difference in the song-code will permit the download (duplicate). Songs with the same title will automatically have a number added to the title. Since it depends on which version was in your library first, the tunes labeled <title>1, <title>2 etc, only apply to YOUR library.

The most accurate way to cull your library of unwanted tunes is one by one (sadly time-consuming).

If, for example, you deleted the RB1 playlist and trashed the songs, you'd run the risk of deleting the only version of a title that is identical to the 1300 version.

Of course you could ”delete all songs and playlists” (in settings), then download the 1300 from the forums again.

I'm not bothered by duplicate titles. I have many different versions (different singers, ensembles, styles, and default keys) For gig playlists, I choose the version I want. At jams, I locate a title in my library using keyword search. That brings up every version of that song in my library. I select the first chart, then swipe through them to pick one that's right for the situation. Addong info (like a singer's or band's initials) to the title (in place of the number-using the editor), makes it easier to keep everything straight.

Quickly finding songs in the app
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...8888#post28888

http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...-for-Playlists

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-05-2016 at 12:25 AM.