Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spain - Chick Corea

Default Spain - Chick Corea

Here is Spain by Chick Corea / Return to Forever, corrected to match the recording properly (minus the introduction)

Spain by Chick Corea

Default Spain x

Spain with the melody and tutti sections

Spain X
    Last edited by Mango; 10-02-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Here is a complete and more correct playable version of Spain with space for solos. Not nice to look at, but usable in gigs.
    I set the structure in A-B-C-A-B-C-D-Segno-C-Dx2-Segno-C-Dx2-Segno-A-B-C-Fine.
    Since I sing, there's chords in A and C sections, which can of course be removed (how fantastic iRealb is!!).

Spain Chick Corea

There's another version of Spain in another post which is shorter. I edited it to play the complete C section correctly, plus corrected non-playability because of empty measures, but left the good readability. Called it "economical" because it lacks A section and has just the basic - and most important - changes.

Spain (economical) Chick Corea
    Last edited by Kalokagathon; 10-29-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkosauras View Post
    Here is Spain by Chick Corea / Return to Forever, corrected to match the recording properly (minus the introduction)

[url=Spain[/url] by Chick Corea
    This version is short and lacks proper structure - great for studying, though. I posted a correct structure, and playable, albeit ugly, Spain version with space for solos, plus this version corrected (there were errors; see thread) at http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....Spain-x&p=7902

(the wording sounds bad, Funkosaurus, but don't mean no disrespect ;-)
    Last edited by Kalokagathon; 10-29-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Default spain gai

Spain - Chick Corea

Here's aversion with intro and solo sections. The notation is the best I could do on one page with such a tricky format and the player doesn't play it properly but if you've heard the song...
    Spain (complete) - Chick Corea

Fully playable version of Chick Corea's Spain, taken from Light As A Feather album,
    consists of the intro, solos, interlude and outro.

Unfortunately, the visibility of the chart is heavily sacrificed by the correct structure!!

Note that the Aranjuez part cannot be real in its tempo,
    and you may want to skip the first 22 bars when you play this chart.
    Also, the repeat time of the solo part of each instrument (between interludes) is fixed to 4 times,
    including the interlude at the 4th repeat (the chords are the same as the solo part).

Spain (fully playable) - Chick Corea
    Last edited by shin1ro; 11-29-2016 at 07:02 AM.

Default Spain (Splo)

Spain Chick Corea (solo) - Ricardo Mota
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-17-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread

Quote Originally Posted by fingertips56 View Post
    Remember to search before starting new threads

Helpful info about posting songs and lists here:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ring-Playlists
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 06-18-2018 at 02:08 AM.

Post Spain - Chick Corea - full song

This is my version of Spain. I set the structure as well as the original tune.
    Enjoy the playing on the backing track and please give me any feedback you're would like to.
    Spain (backing) - Chick Corea
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 09-12-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Moved to existing song thread