Thread: Page turn pedal support on Android version of iReal?

Default Page turn pedal support on Android version of iReal?

Many of the iReal charts that I use are two pages, and as I am a rhythm guitar player it is impossible to turn pages while on stage without disrupting the rhythm. There are great Bluetooth devices out there like the Airturn Ped that can turn pages with a foot pedal, but they don't work on the Android version of this app, just on the iPad version.

Is there any pedal out there supported by the Android version of iReal? If not, is this going to happen any time soon, if ever?

I see this got moved to feature requests, so I assume that there is NO pedal that works with the Android version? Can anyone give me information on anything to do with this topic?

Sorry there is no support for Airturn currently (which is why your thread has moved here).
    Hopefully others have suggestions.

I would suggest using a tool like MobileSheetsPro on stage. You can export the iReal songs to image or pdf and import them into MSPro.

I have MobileSheets, but as sometimes chords or keys need to be changed at the last minute (and I have thousands of charts on ireal), exporting them all into jpg and then into pdf to export into Mobile Sheets isn't practical.

For last minute changes I use MSPro annotations. The next day or so I incorporate the annotations in the real sources and make new jpg/pdf files.

Since page turning won't be here anytime soon, I'd like to propose pedal support for play/pause and stop/play. Feels like an easy and straighforward thing to add.

Any update on using a bluetooth page turn pedal for the android version? I've got a generic one made by Donner. Seems like all they would need to do is bind the left swipe/right swipe functions to arrow keys in the lead sheet view screen and then you're in business!

Default Foot switch - Start/stop

Hi all,
    I have a programmable foot switch that I use for the Songbook application.
    It is programmed to send Ctrl+P to my Android tablet.
    This starts and stops the scrolling of the lyrics.
    Is there any similar function to Start/Stop the music in iReal Pro?

Thanks
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-25-2023 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by desydaveduo View Post
    Is there any similar function to Start/Stop the music in iReal Pro?
    iReal Pro External keyboard information