Thread: Landscape scrolling issue

Default Landscape scrolling issue

Hey guys,

I used Irealb on a Note 4 before and there was no problem but with Iphone the chord chart doesn't slide down as it is supposed to be. It does slide down but only right before the part i need to be play next. So i have no time to get ready for that next chord.

What's wrong?

Do you mean chord anticipation? where the diagrams appear before you get to the measure playing at the time?
    See this:
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...ation-in-IOS-8

Is this a joke? How on earth can i know what measure coming next? It doesn't make any sense. There must be a way man. How do i play it if i dont see it?

dflat, I think he might be referring to just the simple scroll down. In Landscape mode, once you get to the third line, you're at the bottom of the screen - you can't see the first chord in the next line (system) until it's upon you - for the rest of the tune. Makes Playback in Landscape mode kinda useless, since you already have to have those first changes in each system memorized anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbleswitch View Post
    dflat, I think he might be referring to just the simple scroll down. In Landscape mode, once you get to the third line, you're at the bottom of the screen - you can't see the first chord in the next line (system) until it's upon you - for the rest of the tune. Makes Playback in Landscape mode kinda useless, since you already have to have those first changes in each system memorized anyway.
    Yes I understand I think—then in this case, the anticipation would have helped here too?

I don't think so, dflat. As I remember it, Anticipation only made the highlight move ahead of the beat. It wouldn't help you know what chord(s) is/are in the first measure of the next line before it's actually on you.

What's needed, I think, is to adjust the scroll down in Landscape mode so that the system being played is never the bottom-most of the three visible systems, but rather the system in the middle of the three visible systems, i.e. the second of the three visible systems, until you get to the last system of the tune, anyway. And remember that there sometimes are 13 systems to accomodate like this, not just 12.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 09-18-2015 at 01:34 PM.

ok thanks Jack. I understand what you are meaning. I will make a note to see if anything can be done in a future version.

Thanks, dflat. That would make Landscape usable by a performer. I don't play in public any more, but I sure would have liked using Landscape when I did for much easier reading.
    Last edited by nimbleswitch; 09-14-2015 at 08:14 AM.