Thread: Maggie Meade - trad.

Default Maggie Meade - trad.

Maggie Meade - Unknown Composer

Please remember to include composer information on charts posted in the main song forums.
    Google is your friend.

Maggie Mead was composed by JP Fraley
    )BOB

Like most fiddle tunes, no one knows who wrote them. If you can cite a link from your friend "Google" indicating jp fraley wrote the tune and not just recorded it, I'd be much obliged.

There are several references I saw that that stated "Maggie Mead by JP Fraley"
    Here's one: http://www.mne.psu.edu/lamancusa/tunes.html

You may certainly be correct that their intention could have been "recorded by".

It's best to change the editor's default "Unknown Composer" to "Traditional" if you believe that to be the case.
    As you know, there are different versions of many songs. Sometimes, different songs share the same (or similar) title. When possible, it's helpful to credit the source of your version.
    (book title, recording artist or collection etc.)

Every effort to pass along the "story" of the music in addition to just the songs is appreciated.
    )BOB

The chords have very little. If anything, to do with any given artists rendition. In fact I came up with these chords our of my head. Maybe you're inexperience with old time music is showing, or maybe your ocd alarm is going off, either way, I will try to remember to tag "traditional" to keep the forum police off my tail. It's a wonder you're not just grateful for some contributions to a relatively dead forum. Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your work.
    )BOB