Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIDI Implementation

Default MIDI Implementation

This is a great product for (among other things) playing along in real time. What would make it better is if, instead of just sounds, it could (in real time) export Midi. For those of us with midi-compatible keyboards, etc., this would allow our midi-gadgets to use their own samples to generate sounds in real time.

Today, i generate midi files and play them through my keyboard while I play the piano part. This provides far superior drums and bass than what I can get with an mp3 file, etc. However, this is a static file (e.g, if I want to repeat the chorus another time, I can't -- or start in mid-song as an intro.) In addition, this lacks the visual output of iReal Pro where the current measure is highlighted. Therefore if I get behind a measure, it's a disaster.

I'm with you on the MIDI thing. But I'd like to see MIDI input AND output. Will start a thread soon to make this go on the front burner.

Default MIDI Implementation

This is near and dear to my heart. There are literally hundreds of MIDI foot pedals, DJ devices, and other aids that will greatly enhance not only page-turning, but (regarding iReal Pro's backing tracks) start/stop, rewind, etc.; plus imagine controlling a video and light show as a part of your recital/solo act! Most modern MIDI devices sport Bluetooth nowadays. And keep in mind: MIDI is over thirty years old and still on version 1.0. Not bad!
    Whaddya think, sirs?

To elaborate, it would be great to control the parameters of the app via MIDI. At the very least, please implement MIDI with something like MIDI bridge for inter-app control:
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id449160859?mt=8. That would be sweet.

I use a looper and drum machine which both have midi. Is there a way I can midi out from iRealPro to control them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon1 View Post
    I use a looper and drum machine which both have midi. Is there a way I can midi out from iRealPro to control them?
    No, currently there is no midi able to come directly out from iReal Pro as it is playing (no midi note stream, nor clocks etc.).

I'm sure the devs would be able to implement MIDI unobtrusively.

I agree. The built in sounds on many of these tracks are terrific, and some should be output to a midi device. The singers in my band watch the tablet so they know when to come in, pause, etc. so we don't want to give up on the tracking function. Real time midi output would add this app to another category and expand the market for it!!

Absolutely agree I can hardly believe that not even the desktop version allows for this.

Most keyboard players want midi rather than sound to use their own instruments to generate the sound.

Please build this in if you can it will really allow for a lot of flexibility and power within the same app.

Benigno.

I agree!!! This would be a the best improvement to this app!!! Secondly, Along with EQ controls for using headphones Jack to amp